Horizons K-8 School serves 348 students in grades Kindergarten-8.
Horizons K-8 School placed in the top 10% of all schools in Colorado for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 20%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 50-59% (which is higher than the Colorado state average of 33%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 65-69% (which is higher than the Colorado state average of 47%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 14:1 is lower than the Colorado state level of 15:1.
Minority enrollment is 19% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the Colorado state average of 48% (majority Hispanic).
- School Type: Alternative school / Charter School
- Grades: Kindergarten-8
- Enrollment: 348 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 14:1
- Minority Enrollment: 19%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 10% in CO
- Math Proficiency: 50-59% (Top 10%)
- Reading Proficiency: 65-69% (Top 20%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CO Dept. of Education
Horizons K-8 School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Colorado for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
Horizons K-8 School's student population of 348 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
The teacher population of 25 teachers has grown by 13% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Horizons K-8 School is ranked within the top 10% of all 1,734 schools in Colorado (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.
The diversity score of Horizons K-8 School is 0.33, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.61. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2021-2022 School Year Data
State Level (CO)
Overall Testing Rank
#136 out of 1734 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2021-2022 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CO Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Horizons K-8 School's ranking?
Horizons K-8 School is ranked #136 out of 1,734 schools, which ranks it among the top 10% of public schools in Colorado.
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
50-59% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 33% CO state average), while 65-69% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 47% CO state average).
How many students attend Horizons K-8 School?
348 students attend Horizons K-8 School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
81% of Horizons K-8 School students are White, 8% of students are Two or more races, 7% of students are Hispanic, 3% of students are Asian, and 1% of students are Black.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Horizons K-8 School?
Horizons K-8 School has a student ration of 14:1, which is lower than the Colorado state average of 15:1.
What grades does Horizons K-8 School offer ?
Horizons K-8 School offers enrollment in grades Kindergarten-8
What school district is Horizons K-8 School part of?
Horizons K-8 School is part of Boulder Valley School District No. Re2.
Review Horizons K-8 School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Foreign Language Study Abroad
We've put together this resource guide to help students, adults and professionals get the information they require to choose a good destination to study language abroad.
Cops and Children: Why Police Officers are Stationed at Elementary Schools
Learn about the growing trend of stationing police officers at elementary schools and the benefits of establishing a legal environment on campus at a young age.
Unlock the power of Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) in this comprehensive guide. Discover how IEPs support students with diverse needs, including behavioral challenges. This article is a must-read for parents navigating the education system and aspiring teachers seeking to make a positive impact.