Hunters Glen Elementary School
- Hunters Glen Elementary School's student population of 510 students has grown by 7% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 24 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||510 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Hunters Glen Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 21:1 has increased from 19:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CO)|
|Overall School Rank||#827 out of 1,704 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1||17:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Adams 12 Five Star s School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Denver Adams12 Five Star Preschool Grades: PK | 319 students
1500 East 128th Avenue
Denver, CO 80229
(720)972-6001 0.7 PK 319
- Thornton Pathways Future Center Grades: K-12 | 387 students
550 E. 124th Avenue
Thornton, CO 80241
(720)972-4723 1.2 K-12 387
- Brighton Rocky Top Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 1338 students
14150 York Street
Brighton, CO 80602
(720)972-2200 1.3 6-8 1338
- Thornton Tarver Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 550 students
3500 Summit Grove Parkway
Thornton, CO 80241
(720)972-5640 1.5 PK-5 550
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
As of 2014, nineteen states still allow corporal punishment – spanking and paddling the most common choices – in their public schools. However, some argue that not only are these punishments physically harmful, they also are disproportionately administered to students of color. As a result, House democrats have taken up the issue in a new bill that would ban all forms of corporal punishment nationwide.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.