Huntington High School
Huntington High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Louisiana for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 10%)
- Huntington High School's student population of 1,098 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 72 teachers has grown by 9% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||1,098 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||72 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Huntington High School's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has decreased from 17:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (LA)|
|Overall School Rank||#1198 out of 1,277 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||15:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Caddo Parish School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Shreveport Turner Elementary/6th Grade Academy Grades: PK-6 | 1094 students
5904 West 70th Street
Shreveport, LA 71129
(318)688-4380 0.3 PK-6 1094
- Shreveport Amikids Caddo Grades: 6-8 | 133 students
4725 Greenwood Rd
Shreveport, LA 71109
(318)636-0730 2.7 6-8 133
- Shreveport Mooretown Elementary Professional Develop. Center Grades: PK-3 | 306 students
3913 Powell Street
Shreveport, LA 71109
(318)631-7297 3.3 PK-3 306
- Shreveport Southwood High School Grades: 9-12 | 1545 students
9000 Walker Road
Shreveport, LA 71118
(318)686-9512 3.4 9-12 1545
I am a parent with a child that go's to HHS and my child have a 4.2 GPA. I am a little put out with people wanting to put down Huntington. Do not put down the school step up and work with us.
- Posted by Parent - wilde
This is school is what you would call "hood" or whatever,but Huntington provides academic success for all students. This school may have some bad children and I know that our rates on just about everything is low,but this year,2k14 it's going to change!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - nicol
Everything about this school is stupid. The staff is lazy, the teachers don't do their job, and the students are bad. I'm surprised this school hasn't been shut down.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - littl
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.