Huntington High School
- Huntington High School's student population of 1,174 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 57 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||1,174 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||57 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Huntington High School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,277 schools in Louisiana (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (LA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#1221 out of 1277 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch (15-16)|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Caddo Parish School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Shreveport Turner Elementary/6th Grade Academy Grades: PK-6 | 1,098 student
5904 West 70th Street
Shreveport, LA 71129
(318) 688-4380 0.3 PK-6 1,098
- Shreveport Amikids Caddo Grades: 6-8 | 109 students
Shreveport, LA 71109
(318) 636-0730 2.7 6-8 109
- Shreveport Mooretown Elementary Professional Develop. Center Grades: PK-5 | 292 students
3913 Powell Street
Shreveport, LA 71109
(318) 631-7297 3.3 PK-5 292
- Shreveport Southwood High School Grades: 9-12 | 1,662 student
9000 Walker Road
Shreveport, LA 71118
(318) 686-9512 3.4 9-12 1,662
I am a parent with a child that go's to HHS and my child have a 4.2 GPA. I am a little put out with people wanting to put down Huntington. Do not put down the school step up and work with us.
- Posted by Parent - wilde
This is school is what you would call "hood" or whatever,but Huntington provides academic success for all students. This school may have some bad children and I know that our rates on just about everything is low,but this year,2k14 it's going to change!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - nicol
Everything about this school is stupid. The staff is lazy, the teachers don't do their job, and the students are bad. I'm surprised this school hasn't been shut down.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - littl
Learn about whether or not public school students are prepared to enter into the "real world" upon graduation, and how schools are changing their curriculum to meet changing economic needs.
Many school districts are hiking up the price of school lunches this year. We’ll take a look at some of the reasons for the trend, including the child nutritional bill that President Obama signed into law last year.
There is no denying that being a public school teacher has its challenges, but some are more apparent than others. Keep reading to learn about the top ten challenges facing public school teachers this year.