Baugo Community School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 4 public schools managed by Baugo Community School District serving 1,892 students in Elkhart, Indiana.
- Minority enrollment is 18% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Indiana state average of 31%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 18:1 is more than the state average of 17:1.
Baugo Community School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Elkhart Jimtown Elementary School58901 Cr 3 S
Elkhart, IN 46517
Grades: K-2 | 374 students
- Elkhart Jimtown Intermediate School58703 Cr 3 S
Elkhart, IN 46517
Grades: 3-6 | 607 students
- Elkhart Jimtown Junior High School58903 Cr 3 S
Elkhart, IN 46517
Grades: 7-8 | 306 students
|School District Name||Baugo Community School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||1,892 students|
|# of Teachers||108 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1|
|# of Male Students||879 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||1,013 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||3 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||13 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||181 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||27 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||1,557 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||111 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||119|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||124|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||131|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||146|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||162|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||140|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||159|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||161|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||145|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||174|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||157|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||142|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||132|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Baugo Community School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 357 school districts in Indiana (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 85-89% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (IN)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $12,572 in this school district is less than the state average of $13,154. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $9,736 is less than the state average of $11,176. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (IN)|
|Total Revenue||$25 MM||$18 MM|
|Spending||$19 MM||$15 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$12,572||$13,154|
|Spending / Student||$9,736||$11,176|
Learn how various states regulate maximum class sizes.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.