Porter Township School Corp School District
- For the 2020 school year, there are 4 public schools in Porter Township School Corp School District, serving 1,408 students.
- Public school in Porter Township School Corp School District have an average math proficiency score of 53% (versus the Indiana public school average of 54%), and reading proficiency score of 69% (versus the 63% statewide average). This district's average school ranking is in the top 50% of public schools in Indiana.
- Minority enrollment is 19% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Indiana public school average of 32% (majority Black and Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 17:1 is equal to the Indiana public school average of 17:1.
|School District Name||Porter Township School Corp School District|
|School District Website||http://www.ptsc.k12.in.us/|
|School District Phone Number||(219)477-4933|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (IN)|
|# of Schools||4 Schools||1,923 Schools|
|# of Students||1,408 Students||1,053,613 Students|
|# of Teachers||85 Teachers||60,916 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||17:1|
- Porter Township School Corp School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 367 school districts in Indiana (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-2017 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 95% has increased from 85-89% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (IN)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||1 Student||2,103 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||2 Students||25,475 Students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||205 Students||125,671 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||30 Students||132,830 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||1,147 Students||715,395 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||802 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||23 Students||51,337 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-||18,972|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||96||77,895|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||81||76,250|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||98||76,421|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||98||78,682|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||84||80,063|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||103||80,157|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||107||79,332|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||108||78,611|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||123||80,155|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||108||80,524|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||135||80,785|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||135||83,703|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||128||80,464|
|# of Ungraded Students:||4||1,599|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $13,290 in this school district is less than the state average of $13,727. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $9,975 is less than the state average of $11,645. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (IN)|
|Total Revenue||$20 MM||$17 MM|
|Spending||$15 MM||$15 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$13,290||$13,727|
|Spending / Student||$9,975||$11,645|
Porter Township School Corp School District Public Schools (2020)
School (Math/Reading Proficiency)
- Boone Grove Elementary School 325 W 550 S
Boone Grove, IN 46302
Grades: 4-5 | 187 students
- Boone Grove High School 260 S 500 W
Valparaiso, IN 46385
Grades: 9-12 | 510 students
- Boone Grove Middle School 325 W 550 S
Boone Grove, IN 46302
Grades: 6-8 | 338 students
- Porter Lakes Elementary School 208 S 725 W
Hebron, IN 46341
Grades: K-3 | 373 students
We take a look at a recent call by U.S. health officials to change public policies involving sports-related head trauma injuries, and how some states are already answering the call.
Keep your kids out of the summer rut! Learn how summer break impacts students’ academic performance in the fall and what can be done to prevent the academic summer slide.
What happens when a sweltering heat wave hits the Midwest? Public schools cancel many summer activities. Learn more about how school districts are coping with triple digit temperatures.