Southwest Dubois County School Corp School District
- For the 2020 school year, there are 4 public schools in Southwest Dubois County School Corp School District, serving 1,733 students.
- Public school in Southwest Dubois County School Corp School District have an average math proficiency score of 62% (versus the Indiana public school average of 54%), and reading proficiency score of 63% (versus the 63% statewide average). This district's average school ranking is in the top 50% of public schools in Indiana.
- Minority enrollment is 31% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Indiana public school average of 32% (majority Black and Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 18:1 is more than the Indiana public school average of 17:1.
|School District Name||Southwest Dubois County School Corp School District|
|School District Website||http://www.swdubois.k12.in.us/|
|School District Phone Number||(812)683-3971|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (IN)|
|# of Schools||4 Schools||1,923 Schools|
|# of Students||1,733 Students||1,053,613 Students|
|# of Teachers||98 Teachers||60,916 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||17:1|
- Southwest Dubois County School Corp School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 367 school districts in Indiana (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-2017 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 75-79% has decreased from 80-84% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (IN)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||2 Students||2,103 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||4 Students||25,475 Students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||499 Students||125,671 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||4 Students||132,830 Students|
|% Black Students||n/a|
|# of White Students||1,203 Students||715,395 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||802 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||21 Students||51,337 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-||18,972|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||149||77,895|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||131||76,250|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||127||76,421|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||146||78,682|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||125||80,063|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||128||80,157|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||146||79,332|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||127||78,611|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||117||80,155|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||123||80,524|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||133||80,785|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||148||83,703|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||128||80,464|
|# of Ungraded Students:||5||1,599|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $12,861 in this school district is less than the state average of $13,727. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $10,914 is less than the state average of $11,645. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (IN)|
|Total Revenue||$22 MM||$17 MM|
|Spending||$19 MM||$15 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$12,861||$13,727|
|Spending / Student||$10,914||$11,645|
Southwest Dubois County School Corp School District Public Schools (2020)
School (Math/Reading Proficiency)
- Holland Elementary School 408 Meridian St
Holland, IN 47541
Grades: K-5 | 192 students
- Huntingburg Elementary School 501 W Sunset Dr
Huntingburg, IN 47542
Grades: K-5 | 614 students
- Southridge High School 1110 S Main St
Huntingburg, IN 47542
Grades: 9-12 | 537 students
- Southridge Middle School 1112 S Main St
Huntingburg, IN 47542
Grades: 6-8 | 390 students
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Say goodbye to mystery meat - and all other types of meat - at public school cafeterias that are embracing the Meatless Monday trend.
Growing cases of contaminated tap water at public schools around the country are raising more than eyebrows. Learn about whether or not public schools' tap water is safe to drink.