James Monroe High School
- James Monroe High School's student population of 535 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 28 teachers has declined by 6% over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||535 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||28 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- James Monroe High School's student:teacher ratio of 19:1 has increased from 17:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (WV)|
|Overall School Rank||--|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||15-19%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||45-49%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Monroe County s School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Lindside Monroe County Vocational Center Grades: PK-12
Route 1 Box 97, James Monroe D
Lindside, WV 24951
(304)753-9971 0.0 PK-12 n/a
- Peterstown Peterstown Elementary School Grades: PK-4 | 473 students
108 College Drive
Peterstown, WV 24963
(304)753-4328 9.3 PK-4 473
- Union Mountain View Elementary & Middle School Grades: PK-8 | 541 students
Mt. View Drive
Union, WV 24983
(304)772-4903 9.5 PK-8 541
- Pearisburg Giles County Technical Center
1827 Wenonah Avenue
Pearisburg, VA 24134
(540)921-1166 11.5 n/a n/a
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.