James Rutter Middle School
- Grades: 7-8
- Enrollment: 951 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 22:1
- Minority Enrollment: 96%
- Overall Testing Rank: Bottom 50% in CA
- Math Proficiency: 19% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 27% (Btm 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CA Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
19% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 40% CA state average), while 27% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 51% CA state average).
How many students attend James Rutter Middle School?
951 students attend James Rutter Middle School.
What is the ethnic breakdown of the student body?
42% of James Rutter Middle School students are Hispanic, 34% of students are Asian, 12% of students are Black, 4% of students are White, 4% of students are Hawaiian, and 4% of students are Two or more races.
What is the student:teacher ratio of James Rutter Middle School?
James Rutter Middle School has a student ration of 22:1, which is equal to the California state average of 22:1.
What grades does James Rutter Middle School offer ?
James Rutter Middle School offers enrollment in grades 7-8
Review James Rutter Middle School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities