Hoxie Community Schools School District
- For the 2020-21 school year, there are 2 public schools in Hoxie Community Schools School District, serving 449 students. Hoxie Community Schools School District has one of the highest concentrations of top ranked public schools in Kansas.
- Public schools in Hoxie Community Schools School District have an average math proficiency score of 36% (versus the Kansas public school average of 33%), and reading proficiency score of 40% (versus the 37% statewide average). This district's average testing ranking is 7/10, which is in the top 50% of public schools in Kansas.
- Minority enrollment is 13% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Kansas public school average of 36% (majority Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 13:1 is less than the Kansas public school average of 14:1.
|School District Name||Hoxie Community Schools School District|
|School District Website||http://hoxie.org|
|School District Phone Number||(785) 675-3258|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (KS)|
|# of Schools||2 Schools||1,320 Schools|
|# of Students||449 Students||490,702 Students|
|# of Teachers||35 Teachers||34,009 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||14:1|
- Hoxie Community Schools School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 286 school districts in Kansas (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-2018 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 80% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (KS)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#102 out of 286 school districts|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||3 Students||4,268 Students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||1 Student||13,924 Students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||39 Students||96,486 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||1 Student||33,739 Students|
|% Black Students||n/a|
|# of White Students||390 Students||315,772 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||937 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||15 Students||25,576 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||53||18,630|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||31||35,465|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||21||35,410|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||27||36,289|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||28||36,729|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||39||37,562|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||38||37,566|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||33||36,694|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||37||36,111|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||33||36,173|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||32||37,382|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||21||35,769|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||30||34,526|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||26||33,966|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||2,430|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $9,833 in this school district is less than the state median of $14,694. The school district revenue/student has declined by 5% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $9,521 is less than the state median of $14,025. The school district spending/student has declined by 5% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017||This School District||This State (KS)|
|Total Revenue||$4 MM||$8 MM|
|Spending||$4 MM||$7 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$9,833||$14,694|
|Revenue / Student||$9,521||$14,025|
Hoxie Community Schools School District Public Schools (2020-21)
Learn about whether or not public school students are prepared to enter into the "real world" upon graduation, and how schools are changing their curriculum to meet changing economic needs.
Many school districts are hiking up the price of school lunches this year. We’ll take a look at some of the reasons for the trend, including the child nutritional bill that President Obama signed into law last year.
There is no denying that being a public school teacher has its challenges, but some are more apparent than others. Keep reading to learn about the top ten challenges facing public school teachers this year.