Kendrick Lakes Elementary School
- Kendrick Lakes Elementary School's student population of 456 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 23 teachers has grown by 9% over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2018)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||456 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Kendrick Lakes Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 20:1 has decreased from 21:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CO)|
|Overall School Rank||#254 out of 1,704 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1||17:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Jefferson County No. R-1 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Denver Patterson International School Grades: PK-6 | 481 students
1263 South Dudley Street
Denver, CO 80232
(303)982-8470 0.5 PK-6 481
- Denver Belmar Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 319 students
885 South Garrison Street
Denver, CO 80226
(303)982-8220 0.7 K-6 319
- Denver Carmody Middle School Grades: 7-8 | 542 students
2050 S Kipling Street
Denver, CO 80227
(303)982-8930 0.9 7-8 542
- Denver Addenbrooke Classical Academy Grades: 6-12 | 242 students
480 South Kipling
Denver, CO 80215
(303)986-5791 1.1 6-12 242
- Denver Green Gables Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 288 students
8701 West Woodard Drive
Denver, CO 80227
(303)982-8314 1.1 K-6 288
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
As of 2014, nineteen states still allow corporal punishment – spanking and paddling the most common choices – in their public schools. However, some argue that not only are these punishments physically harmful, they also are disproportionately administered to students of color. As a result, House democrats have taken up the issue in a new bill that would ban all forms of corporal punishment nationwide.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.