Lake Forest High School
Lake Forest High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Delaware for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Lake Forest High School's student population of 952 students has grown by 6% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 59 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 8-12|
|Total Students||952 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||59 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Lake Forest High School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 200 schools in Delaware (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has increased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (DE)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a||n/a|
- The school district of Lake Forest High School is Lake Forest School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 40 school districts in Delaware (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Lake Forest School District's student population of 3,744 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The district's graduation rate of 82% has increased from 79% over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $13,625 is higher than the state average of $8,489. The district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $13,744 is higher than the state average of $8,921. The district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|School District Name||Lake Forest School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||3,744||972|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Graduation Rate|
|District Total Revenue||$52 MM||$8 MM|
|District Spending||$52 MM||$9 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$13,625||$8,489|
|District Spending / Student||$13,744||$8,921|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Felton Lake Forest Central Elementary School Grades: 4-5 | 605 students
5424 Killens Pond Road
Felton, DE 19943
(302)284-5810 0.0 4-5 605
- Felton Lake Forest North Elementary School Grades: PK-4 | 499 students
319 East Main Street
Felton, DE 19943
(302)284-9611 1.6 PK-4 499
- Harrington Chipman (w.t.) Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 913 students
101 West Center Street
Harrington, DE 19952
(302)398-8197 4.5 6-8 913
- Harrington Lake Forest South Elementary School Grades: K-4 | 469 students
301 Dorman Street
Harrington, DE 19952
(302)398-8011 4.5 K-4 469
- Woodside Polytech High School Grades: 9-12 | 1194 students
823 Walnut Shade Road, 823 Wal
Woodside, DE 19980
(302)697-3255 5.7 9-12 1194
We analyze on a new study that shows restricting sugary snacks in vending machines in schools resulted in less weight-gain over a three-year period.
A number of school districts across the country are considering the closure of some of their public schools. We’ll look at reasons for the closures and what parents are doing to protest.
We report on the back to school campaign launched by CPS despite huge issues facing the district, including reports of school officials lying to get their children free lunches, conflicts between administrators and teachers’ union, and a lower bond rating.