- The student population of 78 students has declined by 9% over five years.
- The teacher population of 12 teachers has declined by 7% over five years.
|Grades Offered||Grades KG-8|
|Total Students||78 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- The student:teacher ratio of 7:1 has increased from 6:1 over five years.
- The school's diversity score of 0.29 is less than the state average of 0.41. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|This School||(CT) School Average|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1||14:1|
|Two or more races||
The chance that two students selected at random would be members of a different ethnic group. Scored from 0 to 1, a diversity score closer to 1 indicates a more diverse student body.
|Eligible for Free Lunch
Families meeting income eligibility guidelines may qualify for free and reduced price meals or free milk. These guidelines are used by schools, institutions, and facilities participating in the National School Lunch Program (and Commodity School Program), School Breakfast Program, Special Milk Program for Children, Child and Adult Care Food Program and Summer Food Service Program.
- Canaan School District's student population of 78 students has decreased by 9% over five years.
- The revenue/student of $32,760 is higher than the state average of $19,478. The district revenue/student has grown by 33% over four years.
- The district's spending/student of $31,893 is higher than the state average of $18,711. The district spending/student has grown by 33% over four years.
|School District Name||Canaan School District|
|Number of Schools
|Number of Students Managed||78||1,624|
|District Total Revenue||$3 MM||$32 MM|
|District Spending||$2 MM||$30 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$32,760||$19,478|
|District Spending / Student||$31,893||$18,711|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Falls VillageHousatonic Valley Regional High SchoolGrades: 9-12 | 404 students
246 Warren Turnpike Road
Falls Village, CT 06031
LakevilleSalisbury Central SchoolGrades: PK-8 | 269 students
45 Lincoln City Road
Lakeville, CT 06039
CanaanNorth Canaan Elementary SchoolGrades: PK-8 | 280 students
90 Pease Street
Canaan, CT 06018
West CornwallCornwall Consolidated SchoolGrades: KG-8 | 91 students
5 Cream Hill Road
West Cornwall, CT 06796
SharonSharon Center SchoolGrades: PK-8 | 163 students
80 Hilltop Road
Sharon, CT 06069
Both of my children went to this small multi-age school where they received a rigorous and personalized education, with a faculty and staff that knew them, guided them, and helped them grow into confident young woman.
- Posted by Parent - TL
April 28, 2017
In an evolving story out of New York, teacher unions have sued the school district to prevent them from following through with proposed school closures.
April 28, 2017
Police departments on public school campuses have played a major role in reducing violent crime and the speed limit. Unfortunately, they are also fighting an uphill battle against budget cuts.
April 27, 2017
Public schools across the nation are implementing programs that help keep young black men in school and off the streets. Boosting graduation rates, reducing gang involvement and violence, and providing positive male role models are just a few of the common elements of these programs. Yet, the achievement gap between black boys and other peer groups remains extremely wide.