Lee H. Kellogg School
- The student population of 78 students has stayed relatively flat over five years.
- The teacher population of 12 teachers has declined by 7% over five years.
|Grades Offered||Grades KG-8|
|Total Students||78 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- The student:teacher ratio of 7:1 has decreased from 8:1 over five years.
- The school's diversity scoreThe chance that two students selected at random would be members of a different ethnic group. Scored from 0 to 1, a diversity score closer to 1 indicates a more diverse student body. of 0.29 is less than the state average of 0.61. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|This School||(CT) School Average|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1||13:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
The chance that two students selected at random would be members of a different ethnic group. Scored from 0 to 1, a diversity score closer to 1 indicates a more diverse student body.
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
Families meeting income eligibility guidelines may qualify for free and reduced price meals or free milk. These guidelines are used by schools, institutions, and facilities participating in the National School Lunch Program (and Commodity School Program), School Breakfast Program, Special Milk Program for Children, Child and Adult Care Food Program and Summer Food Service Program.
- Canaan School District's student population of 78 students has stayed relatively flat over five years.
- The revenue/student of $31,027 is higher than the state average of $17,550. The district revenue/student has declined by 5% over four years.
- The district's spending/student of $30,200 is higher than the state average of $15,389. The district spending/student has declined by 5% over four years.
|School District Name||Canaan School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||78||1,624|
|District Total Revenue||$2 MM||$31 MM|
|District Spending||$2 MM||$27 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$31,027||$17,550|
|District Spending / Student||$30,200||$15,389|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Falls VillageHousatonic Valley Regional High SchoolGrades: 9-12 | 404 students
246 Warren Turnpike Road
Falls Village, CT 06031
- LakevilleSalisbury Central SchoolGrades: PK-8 | 269 students
45 Lincoln City Road
Lakeville, CT 06039
- CanaanNorth Canaan Elementary SchoolGrades: PK-8 | 280 students
90 Pease Street
Canaan, CT 06018
- West CornwallCornwall Consolidated SchoolGrades: KG-8 | 91 students
5 Cream Hill Road
West Cornwall, CT 06796
- SharonSharon Center SchoolGrades: PK-8 | 163 students
80 Hilltop Road
Sharon, CT 06069
Both of my children went to this small multi-age school where they received a rigorous and personalized education, with a faculty and staff that knew them, guided them, and helped them grow into confident young woman.
- Posted by Parent - TL
January 01, 2018
The city of New York has announced they are bringing back mandatory sex-ed courses for the first time in 20 years, in light of skyrocketing teen pregnancy rates far above the national average.
January 01, 2018
We’ll look at the many challenges facing schools in New York and New Jersey, as they struggle to get ready for students and balance the ongoing need to provide shelter to those displaced by the storm.
January 01, 2018
Students have headed back to school across the country, but are greeted by new security technology and armed security guards. We take a look at Post-Newtown public education.