Lester Elementary School
- Lester Elementary School's student population of 152 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 11 teachers has declined by 15% over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||152 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Lester Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has increased from 12:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (WV)|
|Overall School Rank||--|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||20-29%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||30-39%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Raleigh County s School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Crab Orchard Crab Orchard Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 300 students
1404 Robert C. Byrd Drive, Rt
Crab Orchard, WV 25827
(304)256-4577 4.1 PK-5 300
- Sophia Independence Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 466 students
800 Independence Road
Sophia, WV 25921
(304)683-4542 4.8 6-8 466
- Glen Daniel Trap Hill Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 412 students
665 Coal River Road
Glen Daniel, WV 25844
(304)934-5392 4.8 6-8 412
- Fairdale Fairdale Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 472 students
772 Bolt Road
Fairdale, WV 25839
(304)934-7217 5.1 PK-5 472
- Beckley Hollywood Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 286 students
412 Old Mill Road
Beckley, WV 25801
(304)256-4579 5.2 PK-5 286
Learn about the education reform that is currently making its way through the Louisiana state legislature and the teacher protests that have arisen as a result.
Learn more about the growing prevalence of female bulling and how public schools are managing the important issues.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.