Ligon Middle School
Ligon Middle School places among the top 20% of public schools in North Carolina for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 20%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 10%)
- Ligon Middle School's student population of 1,020 students has declined by 14% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 64 teachers has declined by 9% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||1,020 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||64 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Ligon Middle School's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has decreased from 17:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NC)|
|Overall School Rank||#513 out of 2,538 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Wake County s School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Raleigh Hunter Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 680 students
1018 E Davie St
Raleigh, NC 27601
(919)856-7676 0.3 PK-5 680
- Hillsborough The Expedition School Grades: K-8 | 326 students
437 Dimmocks Mill Rd Ste 33
Hillsborough, NC 27278
(919)245-8432 0.8 K-8 326
Learn about the pros and cons surrounding year-round schools through studies arguing that students perform better in school without a summer break.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.