Lost Creek Elementary School
Lost Creek Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in West Virginia for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 20%)
- Lost Creek Elementary School's student population of 186 students has declined by 6% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 15 teachers has declined by 6% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||186 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Lost Creek Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 644 schools in West Virginia (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (WV)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#583 out of 644 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||25-29%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||25-29%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Harrison County Schools School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Lost Creek South Harrison High School Grades: 9-12 | 356 students
3073 Hawk Hwy
Lost Creek, WV 26385
(304) 326-7440 0.9 9-12 356
- Lost Creek South Harrison Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 279 students
3003 Hawk Hwy
Lost Creek, WV 26385
(304) 326-7460 1.0 6-8 279
- West Milford West Milford Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 455 students
182 School St
West Milford, WV 26451
(304) 326-7030 3.9 PK-5 455
- Clarksburg Pressley Ridge At Laurel Park Grades: 6-12
591 Pressley Ridge Road
Clarksburg, WV 26301
(304) 363-3406 4.7 6-12 n/a
- Jane Lew Jane Lew Elementary School Grades: PK-4 | 311 students
6536 Main Street
Jane Lew, WV 26378
(304) 884-7836 4.9 PK-4 311
Gangs, drugs, and guns may be more prevalent on public school campuses than parents think. Learn about the high percentage of public school students who are exposed to these dangers each day – and what parents can do to protect their kids.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.
Learn about how public schools across the country are mandating community service hours in order to graduate.