Beauregard Parish School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 5 public preschools managed by Beauregard Parish School District serving 2,273 students in Deridder, Louisiana.
- Minority enrollment is 17% of the student body (majority Black), which is less than the Louisiana state average of 55%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 10:1 is less than the state average of 13:1.
Beauregard Parish School District (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Deridder East Beauregard Elementary School5368 Highway 113
Deridder, LA 70634
Grades: PK-5 | 406 students
- Deridder K.r. Hanchey Elementary School611 Frusha Drive
Deridder, LA 70634
Grades: PK-1 | 538 students
- Merryville Merryville High School7061 Highway 110 West
Merryville, LA 70653
Grades: PK-12 | 501 students
- Singer Singer High School153 Highway 110 East
Singer, LA 70660
Grades: PK-12 | 361 students
- Merryville South Beauregard Elementary School12378 Highway 171
Merryville, LA 70653
Grades: PK-3 | 467 students
|School District Name||Beauregard Parish School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||5,969 students|
|# of Teachers||286 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
|# of Male Students||2,974 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||2,995 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||40 students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||39 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||237 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||813 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||4,558 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||4 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||278 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||152|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||449|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||489|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||397|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||463|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||456|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||447|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||426|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||459|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||407|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||523|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||473|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||430|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||398|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Beauregard Parish School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 108 school districts in Louisiana (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 92% has increased from 86% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (LA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $10,063 in this school district is less than the state average of $25,827. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $9,450 is less than the state average of $23,752. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||This State (LA)|
|Total Revenue||$61 MM||$27 MM|
|Spending||$58 MM||$25 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$10,063||$25,827|
|Spending / Student||$9,450||$23,752|
The Common Core State Standards Initiative has changed the course of education in the United States, particularly with its emphasis on standardized testing. But how does standardized testing affect teaching quality? Keep reading to find out.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.