Lasalle Parish School District
- For the 2020 school year, there are 2 public high schools in Lasalle Parish School District, serving 770 students.
- Public high school in Lasalle Parish School District have an average math proficiency score of 54% (versus the Louisiana public high school average of 61%), and reading proficiency score of 54% (versus the 69% statewide average). This district's average high school ranking is in the bottom 50% of public high schools in Louisiana.
- public high school in Lasalle Parish School District have a Graduation Rate of 94%, which is more than the Louisiana average of 80%.
- The school with highest graduation rate is Jena High School, with ≥95% graduation rate. Read more about public school graduation rate statistics in Louisiana or national school graduation rate statistics.
- Minority enrollment is 13% of the student body (majority Black), which is less than the Louisiana public high school average of 51% (majority Black).
- The student:teacher ratio of 18:1 is equal to the Louisiana public high school average of 18:1.
|School District Name||Lasalle Parish School District|
|School District Phone Number||(318)992-2161|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (LA)|
|# of Schools||2 Schools||402 Schools|
|# of Students||770 Students||246,300 Students|
|# of Teachers||43 Teachers||13,958 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||18:1|
- Lasalle Parish School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 107 school districts in Louisiana (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-2017 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 95% has increased from 75-79% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (LA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||5 Students||2,034 Students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||1 Student||3,948 Students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||5 Students||13,460 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||87 Students||101,486 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||670 Students||120,950 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||148 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||2 Students||4,274 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students||n/a|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-||1,511|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-||3,033|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-||3,087|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-||3,141|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-||3,269|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-||3,401|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-||3,834|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-||5,837|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-||8,981|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-||9,352|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||211||56,540|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||198||51,656|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||168||47,514|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||193||45,144|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $10,995 in this school district is less than the state average of $54,312. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $12,574 is less than the state average of $51,430. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (LA)|
|Total Revenue||$29 MM||$41 MM|
|Spending||$33 MM||$39 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$10,995||$54,312|
|Spending / Student||$12,574||$51,430|
Lasalle Parish School District Public High Schools (2020)
Although Chicago public schools opened for the start of the 2012 - 2013 school year, a possible teacher's strike may grind the entire district to a halt just a week later. Stay abreast of the negotiations and the backup plans the district has made to keep schools open, even without teachers on campus.
The SATs are a make or break exam for high school students. Check out the 10 best ways to prepare for the big test.
Learn about the recent vote by the Indiana School Board to allow a state takeover of four Indiana schools beginning next school year.