Lasalle Parish School District
- For the 2020 school year, there are 4 public preschools in Lasalle Parish School District, serving 1,050 students.
- Public preschool in Lasalle Parish School District have an average math proficiency score of 75% (versus the Louisiana public pre school average of 66%), and reading proficiency score of 84% (versus the 71% statewide average). This district's average pre school ranking is in the top 20% of public pre schools in Louisiana.
- Minority enrollment is 11% of the student body (majority Black), which is less than the Louisiana public preschool average of 57% (majority Black).
- The student:teacher ratio of 16:1 is less than the Louisiana public preschool average of 17:1.
|School District Name||Lasalle Parish School District|
|School District Phone Number||(318)992-2161|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (LA)|
|# of Schools||4 Schools||686 Schools|
|# of Students||1,050 Students||318,827 Students|
|# of Teachers||65 Teachers||18,270 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||17:1|
- Lasalle Parish School District, which is ranked within the top 20% of all 99 school districts in Louisiana (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-2017 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 95% has increased from 75-79% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (LA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||16 Students||2,246 Students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||2 Students||4,634 Students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||11 Students||25,548 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||69 Students||138,555 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||933 Students||138,286 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||241 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||19 Students||9,317 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||154||27,405|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||195||47,267|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||194||46,603|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||187||43,484|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||88||41,506|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||92||39,652|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||82||34,971|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||26||13,922|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||17||7,930|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||15||7,501|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-||2,484|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-||2,224|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-||2,063|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-||1,815|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $10,995 in this school district is less than the state average of $54,312. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $12,574 is less than the state average of $51,430. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (LA)|
|Total Revenue||$29 MM||$41 MM|
|Spending||$33 MM||$39 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$10,995||$54,312|
|Spending / Student||$12,574||$51,430|
Lasalle Parish School District Public Preschools (2020)
School (Math/Reading Proficiency)
- Fellowship Elementary School 1650 Hwy. 773
Trout, LA 71371
Grades: PK-7 | 146 students
- Jena Elementary School1941 East Oak Street
Jena, LA 71342
Grades: PK-2 | 358 students
- Nebo Elementary School 300 Hwy. 777
Jena, LA 71342
Grades: PK-8 | 168 students
- Olla-standard Elementary School 4170 School Drive
Olla, LA 71465
Grades: PK-5 | 378 students
Although Chicago public schools opened for the start of the 2012 - 2013 school year, a possible teacher's strike may grind the entire district to a halt just a week later. Stay abreast of the negotiations and the backup plans the district has made to keep schools open, even without teachers on campus.
The SATs are a make or break exam for high school students. Check out the 10 best ways to prepare for the big test.
Learn about the recent vote by the Indiana School Board to allow a state takeover of four Indiana schools beginning next school year.