Lasalle Parish School District
- For the 2020 school year, there are 7 public elementary schools in Lasalle Parish School District, serving 1,880 students.
- Public elementary school in Lasalle Parish School District have an average math proficiency score of 75% (versus the Louisiana public elementary school average of 64%), and reading proficiency score of 83% (versus the 70% statewide average). This district's average elementary school ranking is in the top 10% of public elementary schools in Louisiana.
- Minority enrollment is 14% of the student body (majority Black), which is less than the Louisiana public elementary school average of 55% (majority Black).
- The student:teacher ratio of 16:1 is less than the Louisiana public elementary school average of 18:1.
|School District Name||Lasalle Parish School District|
|School District Phone Number||(318)992-2161|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (LA)|
|# of Schools||7 Schools||1,091 Schools|
|# of Students||1,880 Students||512,793 Students|
|# of Teachers||118 Teachers||29,090 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||18:1|
- Lasalle Parish School District, which is ranked within the top 20% of all 148 school districts in Louisiana (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-2017 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 95% has increased from 75-79% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (LA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||39 Students||3,400 Students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||3 Students||7,780 Students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||17 Students||37,718 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||175 Students||220,572 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||1,610 Students||228,581 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||401 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||36 Students||14,341 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||154||25,287|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||195||51,023|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||194||54,599|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||187||53,486|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||202||55,409|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||193||55,850|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||188||55,472|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||191||53,705|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||189||42,600|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||187||41,623|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-||7,127|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-||6,278|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-||5,432|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-||4,902|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $10,995 in this school district is less than the state average of $54,312. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $12,574 is less than the state average of $51,430. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (LA)|
|Total Revenue||$29 MM||$41 MM|
|Spending||$33 MM||$39 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$10,995||$54,312|
|Spending / Student||$12,574||$51,430|
Lasalle Parish School District Public Elementary Schools (2020)
School (Math/Reading Proficiency)
- Fellowship Elementary School 1650 Hwy. 773
Trout, LA 71371
Grades: PK-7 | 146 students
- Goodpine Middle School 12642 Hwy 84 West
Jena, LA 71342
Grades: 3-5 | 321 students
- Jena Elementary School1941 East Oak Street
Jena, LA 71342
Grades: PK-2 | 358 students
- Jena Junior High School 114 E. Southern Ave.
Jena, LA 71342
Grades: 6-8 | 334 students
- Lasalle Junior High School 5960 Tannehill Drive
Urania, LA 71480
Grades: 6-8 | 175 students
- Nebo Elementary School 300 Hwy. 777
Jena, LA 71342
Grades: PK-8 | 168 students
- Olla-standard Elementary School 4170 School Drive
Olla, LA 71465
Grades: PK-5 | 378 students
Although Chicago public schools opened for the start of the 2012 - 2013 school year, a possible teacher's strike may grind the entire district to a halt just a week later. Stay abreast of the negotiations and the backup plans the district has made to keep schools open, even without teachers on campus.
The SATs are a make or break exam for high school students. Check out the 10 best ways to prepare for the big test.
Learn about the recent vote by the Indiana School Board to allow a state takeover of four Indiana schools beginning next school year.