Cherryfield School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 5 public schools managed by Cherryfield School District serving 786 students in Cherryfield, Maine.
- Minority enrollment is 12% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is more than the Maine state average of 10%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 11:1 is less than the state average of 12:1.
Cherryfield School District (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Cherryfield Cherryfield Elementary School85 School Street
Cherryfield, ME 04622
Grades: PK-8 | 132 students
- Addison Daniel W Merritt School518 Indian River Road
Addison, ME 04606
Grades: PK-6 | 114 students
- Harrington Harrington Elementary School1227 Us Highway 1a
Harrington, ME 04643
Grades: PK-6 | 141 students
- Milbridge Milbridge Elementary School39 Washington Street
Milbridge, ME 04658
Grades: PK-6 | 111 students
- Harrington Narraguagus Jr/sr High School1611 Main Street
Harrington, ME 04643
Grades: 7-12 | 288 students
|School District Name||Cherryfield School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||786 students|
|# of Teachers||69 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
|# of Male Students||394 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||392 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||6 students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||3 students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||76 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||5 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||690 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||1 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||5 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||46|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||56|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||71|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||68|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||59|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||66|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||57|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||51|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||57|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||50|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||58|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||47|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||53|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||47|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Cherryfield School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 160 school districts in Maine (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 90% has increased from 75-79% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (ME)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $14,406 in this school district is less than the state average of $16,433. The school district revenue/student has declined by 19% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $13,916 is less than the state average of $16,255. The school district spending/student has declined by 19% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||This State (ME)|
|Total Revenue||$11 MM||$5 MM|
|Spending||$10 MM||$5 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$14,406||$16,433|
|Spending / Student||$13,916||$16,255|
The Common Core State Standards Initiative has changed the course of education in the United States, particularly with its emphasis on standardized testing. But how does standardized testing affect teaching quality? Keep reading to find out.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.