Cherryfield School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 5 public schools managed by Cherryfield School District serving 786 students in Cherryfield, Maine.
- Minority enrollment is 12% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is more than the Maine state average of 10%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 11:1 is less than the state average of 12:1.
Cherryfield School District (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Cherryfield Cherryfield Elementary School85 School Street
Cherryfield, ME 04622
Grades: PK-8 | 132 students
- Addison Daniel W Merritt School518 Indian River Road
Addison, ME 04606
Grades: PK-6 | 114 students
- Harrington Harrington Elementary School1227 Us Highway 1a
Harrington, ME 04643
Grades: PK-6 | 141 students
- Milbridge Milbridge Elementary School39 Washington Street
Milbridge, ME 04658
Grades: PK-6 | 111 students
- Harrington Narraguagus Jr/sr High School1611 Main Street
Harrington, ME 04643
Grades: 7-12 | 288 students
|School District Name||Cherryfield School District|
|# of Schools||5|
|# of Students||786|
|# of Teachers||69|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11|
|# of Male Students||394|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||392|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||6|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||3|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||76|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||5|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||690|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||1|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||5|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||46|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||56|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||71|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||68|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||59|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||66|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||57|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||51|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||57|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||50|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||58|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||47|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||53|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||47|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Cherryfield School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 160 school districts in Maine (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 90% has increased from 75-79% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (ME)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $14,406 in this school district is less than the state average of $16,433. The school district revenue/student has declined by 19% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $13,916 is less than the state average of $16,255. The school district spending/student has declined by 19% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||This State (ME)|
|Total Revenue||$11 MM||$5 MM|
|Spending||$10 MM||$5 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$14,406||$16,433|
|Spending / Student||$13,916||$16,255|
We examine the issue of Internet access in public schools, particularly in light of recent allegations from a father that his daughter was allowed to visit online dating websites from her school during class hours.
Special education teachers face a unique set of challenges, and so do the parents of special needs students. Keep reading to learn some practical tips for making your life as a special needs teacher or parent easier.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.