Dennis-Yarmouth School District
- For the 2021 school year, there is 1 public high school in Dennis-Yarmouth School District, serving 1,029 students. Public high school in Dennis-Yarmouth School District have an average math proficiency score of 56% (versus the Massachusetts public high school average of 68%), and reading proficiency score of 68% (versus the 78% statewide average). This district's average high testing ranking is 3/10, which is in the bottom 50% of public high schools in Massachusetts.
- public high school in Dennis-Yarmouth School District have a Graduation Rate of 85%, which is less than the Massachusetts average of 88%.
- The school with highest graduation rate is Dennis-yarmouth Regional High School, with 85% graduation rate. Read more about public school graduation rate statistics in Massachusetts or national school graduation rate statistics.
- Minority enrollment is 31% of the student body (majority Hispanic and Black), which is less than the Massachusetts public high school average of 39% (majority Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 12:1 is equal to the Massachusetts public high school average of 12:1.
|School District Name||Dennis-Yarmouth School District|
|School District Website||http://www.dy-regional.k12.ma.us|
|School District Phone Number||(508) 398-7600|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (MA)|
|# of Schools||1 School||406 Schools|
|# of Students||1,029 Students||326,760 Students|
|# of Teachers||85 Teachers||26,254 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||12:1|
- Dennis-Yarmouth School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 302 school districts in Massachusetts (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-2018 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 82% has decreased from 88% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (MA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#315 out of 403 school districts|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||19 Students||742 Students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||30 Students||20,776 Students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||118 Students||61,310 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||103 Students||34,827 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||706 Students||199,128 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||1 Student||303 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||52 Students||9,587 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-||1,150|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-||1,430|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-||1,407|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-||1,478|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-||1,440|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-||1,453|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-||2,406|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-||4,762|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-||8,229|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||230||10,536|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||189||76,601|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||190||73,016|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||209||71,748|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||211||70,028|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||1,076|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $22,424 is higher than the state median of $20,340. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $21,280 is higher than the state median of $18,839. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017||This School District||This State (MA)|
|Total Revenue||$69 MM||$28 MM|
|Spending||$65 MM||$26 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$22,424||$20,340|
|Revenue / Student||$21,280||$18,839|
Dennis-Yarmouth School District Public High Schools (2021)
- School (Math and Reading Proficiency) Location Grades Students
- Dennis-yarmouth Regional High School 210 Station Avenue
South Yarmouth, MA 02664
Grades: 8-12 | 1,029 student
In light of an upcoming study on Montessori education in South Carolina, as well as the growing popularity of the Montessori Method in public charter schools, we’ll take a look at the principles behind Montessori education and whether it is an effective method for preparing some students for the professional world or higher education.
Across the nation, city mayors have increased their role and control over the local public school system. Learn about the controversies and the ramifications of mayoral control.
In light of all the finger-pointing occurring in the education reform movement, we’ll look at the good and bad of teachers unions – and whether these organizations really work in favor of students and/or teachers.