Melbourne Elementary School
Melbourne Elementary School serves 496 students in grades Prekindergarten-6.
Melbourne Elementary School placed in the top 5% of all schools in Arkansas for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 5%, and reading proficiency is top 10%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 77% (which is higher than the Arkansas state average of 47%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 63% (which is higher than the Arkansas state average of 45%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 14:1 is higher than the Arkansas state level of 13:1.
Minority enrollment is 5% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the Arkansas state average of 40% (majority Black).
- Grades: Prekindergarten-6
- Enrollment: 496 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 14:1
- Minority Enrollment: 5%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 5% in AR
- Math Proficiency: 77% (Top 5%)
- Reading Proficiency: 63% (Top 10%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), AR Dept. of Education
Melbourne Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Arkansas for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
Melbourne Elementary School's student population of 496 students has grown by 9% over five school years.
The teacher population of 35 teachers has grown by 16% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Melbourne Elementary School is ranked within the top 5% of all 998 schools in Arkansas (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Melbourne Elementary School is 0.10, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.59. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2020-2021 School Year Data
State Level (AR)
Overall Testing Rank
#46 out of 998 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Participates in the National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2020-2021 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), AR Dept. of Education
Review Melbourne Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
What does the Country's Most Expensive School Look Like?
Robert F. Kennedy Community Schools win the award for the country’s most expensive campus, clocking in at a price tag of one-half of a billion dollars. Take a walk down the hall to experience the priciest public school in America.
Detroit Schools: District Is Failing Its Students According To Test Scores
We report on dismal math and reading test scores of Detroit public school students and what’s being done to bring scores up to par.
August 05, 2022Teaching: Using Virtual Reality
Virtual Reality can enhance your lessons safely and efficiently. Virtual reality allows your students to explore worlds they might not otherwise see. We offer some suggestions on how to use VR in your classrooom.