Melbourne Elementary School
Melbourne Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Arkansas for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 10%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 5%)
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 20%)
- Melbourne Elementary School's student population of 457 students has grown by 31% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 31 teachers has grown by 14% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Total Students||457 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||31 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Melbourne Elementary School is ranked within the top 10% of all 1,008 schools in Arkansas (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has increased from 13:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AR)|
|Overall School Rank||#72 out of 1008 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||14:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Melbourne School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Melbourne Melbourne High School Grades: 7-12 | 423 students
2270 Lacrosse Rd
Melbourne, AR 72556
(870)368-4500 0.1 7-12 423
- Brockwell Izard County Consolidated Middle School Grades: 5-8 | 144 students
5068 N Ar 9
Brockwell, AR 72517
(870)258-3142 3.1 5-8 144
- Brockwell Izard Co. Cons. Elementary School Grades: PK-4 | 199 students
Hwy 56 W And Co Rd 25
Brockwell, AR 72517
(870)322-7229 7.6 PK-4 199
- Calico Rock Calico Rock Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 232 students
301 College St
Calico Rock, AR 72519
(870)297-8533 13.3 K-6 232
What is the best way to evaluate the quality of a public high school? Learn about the data available that helps parents choose a high school based upon how well their graduates perform in college.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.