Jonesville Community Schools School District
- For the 2020 school year, there are 4 public schools in Jonesville Community Schools School District, serving 1,474 students.
- Public school in Jonesville Community School School District have an average math proficiency score of 26% (versus the Michigan public school average of 39%), and reading proficiency score of 41% (versus the 49% statewide average). This district's average school ranking is in the bottom 50% of public schools in Michigan.
- Minority enrollment is 6% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Michigan public school average of 34% (majority Black).
- The student:teacher ratio of 18:1 is equal to the Michigan public school average of 18:1.
|School District Name||Jonesville Community Schools School District|
|School District Website||http://jonesvilleschools.org|
|School District Phone Number||(517)849-9075|
|School District Grades Offered||KG - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (MI)|
|# of Schools||4 Schools||3,736 Schools|
|# of Students||1,474 Students||1,472,301 Students|
|# of Teachers||82 Teachers||82,182 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||18:1|
- Jonesville Community Schools School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 865 school districts in Michigan (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-2017 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 70-74% has decreased from 75-79% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (MI)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||1 Student||9,974 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||6 Students||49,834 Students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||40 Students||114,872 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||3 Students||260,793 Students|
|% Black Students||n/a|
|# of White Students||1,385 Students||978,273 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||1,272 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||39 Students||57,365 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||126||116,607|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||107||105,799|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||102||103,933|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||99||105,395|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||100||107,959|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||87||112,259|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||115||112,463|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||121||111,894|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||123||114,566|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||129||123,361|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||141||121,139|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||102||115,656|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||122||117,214|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||4,056|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $9,188 in this school district is less than the state average of $12,785. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $11,678 is less than the state average of $12,796. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (MI)|
|Total Revenue||$14 MM||$9 MM|
|Spending||$17 MM||$9 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$9,188||$12,785|
|Spending / Student||$11,678||$12,796|
Jonesville Community Schools School District Public Schools (2020)
We take a look at a recent call by U.S. health officials to change public policies involving sports-related head trauma injuries, and how some states are already answering the call.
Keep your kids out of the summer rut! Learn how summer break impacts students’ academic performance in the fall and what can be done to prevent the academic summer slide.
What happens when a sweltering heat wave hits the Midwest? Public schools cancel many summer activities. Learn more about how school districts are coping with triple digit temperatures.