Mirror Lake Middle School
Mirror Lake Middle School places among the top 20% of public schools in Alaska for:
- Category Attribute
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 20%)
- Mirror Lake Middle School's student population of 683 students has grown by 10% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 39 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||683 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||39 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Mirror Lake Middle School is ranked within the top 30% of all 465 schools in Alaska (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 18:1 has increased from 16:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AK)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#130 out of 465 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||17:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Anchorage School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Chugiak Chugiak Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 499 students
19932 Old Glenn Hwy
Chugiak, AK 99567
(907)742-3400 2.2 PK-6 499
- Chugiak Birchwood Abc Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 292 students
17010 Birchtree St
Chugiak, AK 99567
(907)742-3450 5.0 PK-6 292
- Chugiak Chugiak High School Grades: 9-12 | 1004 students
16525 S Birchwood Loop Rd
Chugiak, AK 99567
(907)742-3050 5.5 9-12 1004
- Eagle River Fire Lake Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 326 students
13801 Harry Mcdonald Rd
Eagle River, AK 99577
(907)742-3350 7.4 PK-6 326
- Wasilla Snowshoe Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 369 students
2001 W Fairview Loop
Wasilla, AK 99654
(907)352-9500 7.6 PK-5 369
very great school. some teachers are not so good but they are outnumbered 5/1. We have band, orchestra, choir, jazz band, and music keyboarding/dance so we have lots of music. PE is mandatory to take(some students cant because their schedules don't allow it). We also have cultural art and regular art, wilderness safety, business education(this one is pretty bad but we do have it), and wood shop/applied tech. Overall great school! would reccommend. Now i will give gruening 1/5 because mlms is better.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - anonymous
Hellz yeah, I would recommend this school! Very organized and it's obvious that the teachers really care about the students.
- Posted by Parent - leona
It is a very nice looking school with great facilities. However, Some teachers at the school use ridicule or put downs to get their points across in class. The curriculum is good, however it is sometimes hard to track what the children are supposed to do. Some responsibility goes to the child however, parents need a place they can check to see that everything is as it should be. The school also seems to be so focused on their music program they don’t pay attention to much else.
- Posted by Parent - ywngu
Mirrior Lake Mirror School lacks in many areas.First acedemics.Teachers teach at a lower area than where student at the age range should be.Second it lacks parent involment.Students are almost hardley ever punished for inapropiate behavior.Last but not least it is very divided.Only 2 precent of the school is african american and everyone is divided into thier onwn racial backgrounds.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - natas