Montegut Elementary School
- Montegut Elementary School's student population of 268 students has grown by 6% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 18 teachers has grown by 28% over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2018)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-4|
|Total Students||268 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Montegut Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has decreased from 18:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (LA)|
|Overall School Rank||#692 out of 1,277 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||70-74%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||75-79%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Terrebonne Parish School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Chauvin Upper Little Caillou Elementary School Grades: PK-4 | 544 students
4824 Hwy. 56
Chauvin, LA 70344
(985)594-4071 1.9 PK-4 544
- Montegut Pointe-aux-chenes Elementary School Grades: PK-4 | 138 students
1236 Hwy. 665
Montegut, LA 70377
(985)594-2131 2.3 PK-4 138
- Chauvin Lacache Middle School Grades: 5-8 | 379 students
5266 Hwy. 56
Chauvin, LA 70344
(985)594-3945 2.4 5-8 379
- Bourg Bourg Elementary School Grades: PK-4 | 460 students
4413 St. Andrew Street
Bourg, LA 70343
(985)594-3663 6.0 PK-4 460
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.