N Garland High School
- N Garland High School's student population of 2,686 students has grown by 7% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 168 teachers has grown by 6% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||2,686 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||168 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- N Garland High School is ranked within the top 50% of all 7,999 schools in Texas (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (TX)|
|Overall School Rank||#3841 out of 7999 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Garland Independent School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Garland Ethridge Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 749 students
2301 Sam Houston Dr
Garland, TX 75044
(972) 675-3020 0.3 PK-5 749
- Houston Harmony School Of Innovation - Garland Grades: 7-12 | 558 students
2250 Firewheel Pkwy
Houston, TX 77099
(469) 814-0059 0.3 7-12 558
- Garland Parsons Pre-k Center Grades: PK | 520 students
2202 Richoak Dr
Garland, TX 75044
(972) 675-8065 0.4 PK 520
- Garland Golden Meadows Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 561 students
1726 Travis St
Garland, TX 75042
(972) 494-8373 0.5 K-5 561
- Garland Cooper Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 581 students
1200 Kingsbridge Dr
Garland, TX 75040
(972) 675-3010 0.8 PK-5 581
Gangs, drugs, and guns may be more prevalent on public school campuses than parents think. Learn about the high percentage of public school students who are exposed to these dangers each day – and what parents can do to protect their kids.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.
Learn about how public schools across the country are mandating community service hours in order to graduate.