Rock County Public School District
- For the 2020 school year, there are 4 public middle schools managed by Rock County Public School District serving 122 students in Newport, Nebraska.
- Minority enrollment is 2% of the student body (majority Hispanic and American Indian), which is less than the Nebraska state average of 34%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 9:1 is less than the state average of 14:1.
Rock County Public School District (2020)
- School Location Grades Students
- Newport Newport School276 Main St
Newport, NE 68759
Grades: PK-8 | n/a students
- Bassett Pony Lake School45597 866th Rd
Bassett, NE 68714
Grades: PK-8 | 6 students
- Bassett Rock County High SchoolEast Hwy 20
Bassett, NE 68714
Grades: 7-12 | 108 students
- Bassett Rose School85256 Us Hwy 183
Bassett, NE 68714
Grades: PK-8 | 8 students
|School District Name||Rock County Public School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||236 students|
|# of Teachers||24 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
|# of Male Students||121 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||115 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||1 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||n/a|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||8 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||n/a|
|% Black Students||n/a|
|# of White Students||225 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||2 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||3|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||17|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||20|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||16|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||17|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||18|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||16|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||20|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||24|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||18|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||16|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||13|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||20|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||18|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Rock County Public School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 246 school districts in Nebraska (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 80% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (NE)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||65-69%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||50-54%|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $17,907 is higher than the state average of $16,679. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $17,876 is higher than the state average of $15,460. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (NE)|
|Total Revenue||$4 MM||$5 MM|
|Spending||$4 MM||$5 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$17,907||$16,679|
|Spending / Student||$17,876||$15,460|
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
As of 2014, nineteen states still allow corporal punishment – spanking and paddling the most common choices – in their public schools. However, some argue that not only are these punishments physically harmful, they also are disproportionately administered to students of color. As a result, House democrats have taken up the issue in a new bill that would ban all forms of corporal punishment nationwide.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.