Negtemiut Elitnaurviat School
- Negtemiut Elitnaurviat School's student population of 85 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 5 teachers has declined by 16% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||85 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Negtemiut Elitnaurviat School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 466 schools in Alaska (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AK)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#407 out of 466 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||17:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch (13-14)|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Lower Kuskokwim School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school, middle school and elementary school to Negtemiut Elitnaurviat School is Nelson Island Area School (13.6 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Toksook Bay Nelson Island Area School Grades: PK-12 | 194 students
101 Sunny Side Rd
Toksook Bay, AK 99637
(907) 427-7815 13.6 PK-12 194
- Tununak Paul T. Albert Memorial School Grades: PK-12 | 107 students
120 Village Rd
Tununak, AK 99681
(907) 652-6827 19.4 PK-12 107
- Chefornak Chaputnguak School Grades: PK-12 | 148 students
102 Village Rd
Chefornak, AK 99561
(907) 867-8700 26.8 PK-12 148
- Bethel Ayaprun School Grades: PK-12 | 116 students
112 Village Rd
Bethel, AK 99559
(907) 237-2505 31.8 PK-12 116
first of all they are the Nighmute Nighthawks. not the eagles. the teachers are good, its just that the facility is dated. we need a new school.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - lgagn
In light of an upcoming study on Montessori education in South Carolina, as well as the growing popularity of the Montessori Method in public charter schools, we’ll take a look at the principles behind Montessori education and whether it is an effective method for preparing some students for the professional world or higher education.
Across the nation, city mayors have increased their role and control over the local public school system. Learn about the controversies and the ramifications of mayoral control.
In light of all the finger-pointing occurring in the education reform movement, we’ll look at the good and bad of teachers unions – and whether these organizations really work in favor of students and/or teachers.