Nelson Island Area School
- Nelson Island Area School's student population of 186 students has declined by 7% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 11 teachers has declined by 15% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||186 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Nelson Island Area School's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has increased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AK)|
|Overall School Rank||--|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤5%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤5%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||17:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Lower Kuskokwim School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Tununak Paul T. Albert Memorial School Grades: PK-12 | 104 students
120 Village Road
Tununak, AK 99681
(907)652-6827 6.0 PK-12 104
- Bethel Ayaprun School Grades: PK-12 | 129 students
112 Village Road
Bethel, AK 99559
(907)237-2505 32.3 PK-12 129
- Chefornak Chaputnguak School Grades: PK-12 | 146 students
102 Village Road
Chefornak, AK 99561
(907)867-8700 38.3 PK-12 146
- Mekoryuk Nuniwarmiut School Grades: PK-12 | 52 students
109 Village Road
Mekoryuk, AK 99630
(907)827-8415 38.7 PK-12 52
Learn about the pros and cons surrounding year-round schools through studies arguing that students perform better in school without a summer break.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.