Esmeralda County School District
- For the 2020-21 school year, there are 3 public elementary schools in Esmeralda County School District, serving 73 students.
- Public elementary schools in Esmeralda County School District have an average math proficiency score of 32% (versus the Nevada public elementary school average of 36%), and reading proficiency score of 39% (versus the 47% statewide average). This district's average elementary school ranking is in the bottom 50% of public elementary schools in Nevada.
- Minority enrollment is 45% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Nevada public elementary school average of 68% (majority Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 15:1 is less than the Nevada public elementary school average of 19:1.
|School District Name||Esmeralda County School District|
|School District Phone Number||(775) 485-6382|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 08|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (NV)|
|# of Schools||3 Schools||553 Schools|
|# of Students||73 Students||347,551 Students|
|# of Teachers||5 Teachers||17,749 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||19:1|
- Esmeralda County School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 20 school districts in Nevada (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (NV)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||20-29%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||20-29%|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||5 Students||2,914 Students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||n/a||17,828 Students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||27 Students||147,400 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||n/a||39,399 Students|
|% Black Students||n/a|
|# of White Students||40 Students||112,211 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||1 Student||4,928 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students|
|# of Two or more races Students||n/a||22,871 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students||n/a|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||8||8,428|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||6||35,259|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||8||36,515|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||8||36,521|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||6||37,104|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||12||38,734|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||9||39,117|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||3||37,996|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||10||35,236|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||3||34,459|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-||2,437|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-||2,286|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-||1,831|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-||1,518|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||110|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $32,910 is higher than the state average of $15,568. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $33,224 is higher than the state average of $14,350. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (NV)|
|Total Revenue||$2 MM||$19 MM|
|Spending||$2 MM||$18 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$32,910||$15,568|
|Spending / Student||$33,224||$14,350|
Esmeralda County School District Public Elementary Schools (2020-21)
School (Math/Reading Proficiency)
- Dyer Elementary School Hwy 264 Mm 11
Dyer, NV 89010
Grades: PK-8 | 46 students
- Goldfield Elementary School 233 Ramsey St.
Goldfield, NV 89013
Grades: PK-8 | 21 students
- Silver Peak Elementary School500 Galena St.
Silverpeak, NV 89047
Grades: K-8 | 6 students
Should sixth graders be placed in elementary or middle school? We explore the pros and cons of the issue.
Learn 8 ways to guide your conversations with children when discussing high-profile acts of violence in schools.
Traditional Christmas carols, such as "Silent Night," may be sounds of the past on public school campuses. Learn about why schools are banning Christmas carols and how some parents are protesting the changes.