Esmeralda County School District
- For the 2020-21 school year, there are 3 public middle schools in Esmeralda County School District, serving 73 students.
- Public middle schools in Esmeralda County School District have an average math proficiency score of 32% (versus the Nevada public middle school average of 32%), and reading proficiency score of 39% (versus the 46% statewide average). This district's average middle school ranking is in the bottom 50% of public middle schools in Nevada.
- Minority enrollment is 45% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Nevada public middle school average of 65% (majority Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 15:1 is less than the Nevada public middle school average of 23:1.
|School District Name||Esmeralda County School District|
|School District Phone Number||(775) 485-6382|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 08|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (NV)|
|# of Schools||3 Schools||206 Schools|
|# of Students||73 Students||140,100 Students|
|# of Teachers||5 Teachers||5,967 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||23:1|
- Esmeralda County School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 21 school districts in Nevada (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (NV)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||20-29%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||20-29%|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||5 Students||1,417 Students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||n/a||7,947 Students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||27 Students||55,227 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||n/a||15,059 Students|
|% Black Students||n/a|
|# of White Students||40 Students||49,734 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||1 Student||2,030 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students|
|# of Two or more races Students||n/a||8,686 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students||n/a|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||8||163|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||6||3,050|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||8||3,038|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||8||3,210|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||6||3,143|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||12||3,253|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||9||4,183|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||3||33,331|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||10||37,184|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||3||36,420|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-||3,681|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-||3,557|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-||3,018|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-||2,728|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||141|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $32,910 is higher than the state average of $15,568. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $33,224 is higher than the state average of $14,350. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (NV)|
|Total Revenue||$2 MM||$19 MM|
|Spending||$2 MM||$18 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$32,910||$15,568|
|Spending / Student||$33,224||$14,350|
Esmeralda County School District Public Middle Schools (2020-21)
School (Math/Reading Proficiency)
- Dyer Elementary School Hwy 264 Mm 11
Dyer, NV 89010
Grades: PK-8 | 46 students
- Goldfield Elementary School 233 Ramsey St.
Goldfield, NV 89013
Grades: PK-8 | 21 students
- Silver Peak Elementary School500 Galena St.
Silverpeak, NV 89047
Grades: K-8 | 6 students
Gangs, drugs, and guns may be more prevalent on public school campuses than parents think. Learn about the high percentage of public school students who are exposed to these dangers each day – and what parents can do to protect their kids.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.
Learn about how public schools across the country are mandating community service hours in order to graduate.