Essex Regional Educational Services Commission School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 3 public schools managed by Essex Regional Educational Services Commission School District serving 83 students in Fairfield, New Jersey.
- Minority enrollment is 100% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the New Jersey state average of 54%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 5:1 is less than the state average of 12:1.
Essex Regional Educational Services Commission School District (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Fairfield Essex Campus Academy 369 Passaic Avenue
Fairfield, NJ 07004
Grades: 7-12 | 31 students
- Passaic Essex High School 188 1st Street
Passaic, NJ 07055
Grades: 7-12 | 32 students
- Cedar Grove Essex Junior Academy 520 Pompton Avenue
Cedar Grove, NJ 07009
Grades: K-12 | 20 students
|School District Name||Essex Regional Educational Services Commission School District|
|# of Schools||3|
|# of Students||83|
|# of Teachers||18|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5|
|# of Male Students||67|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||16|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||n/a|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||17|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||66|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||n/a|
|% White Students||n/a|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||n/a|
|% of Two or more races Students||n/a|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||2|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||2|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||2|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||1|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||9|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||6|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||10|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||12|
|# of Ungraded Students:||39|
- Essex Regional Educational Services Commission School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 656 school districts in New Jersey (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 10% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (NJ)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤10%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤10%|
|Graduation Rate |
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $665,219 is higher than the state average of $20,569. The school district revenue/student has declined by 10% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $658,133 is higher than the state average of $20,942. The school district spending/student has declined by 10% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||This State (NJ)|
|Total Revenue||$70 MM||$19 MM|
|Spending||$69 MM||$19 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$665,219||$20,569|
|Spending / Student||$658,133||$20,942|
We examine the issue of Internet access in public schools, particularly in light of recent allegations from a father that his daughter was allowed to visit online dating websites from her school during class hours.
Special education teachers face a unique set of challenges, and so do the parents of special needs students. Keep reading to learn some practical tips for making your life as a special needs teacher or parent easier.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.