Newberry High School
- The student population of 614 students has stayed relatively flat over five years.
- The teacher population of 30 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||614 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- The student:teacher ratio of 20:1 has decreased from 21:1 over five years.
- The school's diversity scoreThe chance that two students selected at random would be members of a different ethnic group. Scored from 0 to 1, a diversity score closer to 1 indicates a more diverse student body. of 0.51 is less than the state average of 0.70. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
- Alachua School District's student population of 28,579 students has stayed relatively flat over five years.
- The district's graduation rate of 75% has decreased from 94% over five years.
- The revenue/student of $9,289 in this district is less than the state average of $12,021. The district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four years.
- The district's spending/student of $9,386 is less than the state average of $12,230. The district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four years.
|School District Name||Alachua School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||28,579||10,184|
|District Total Revenue||$262 MM||$122 MM|
|District Spending||$264 MM||$125 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$9,289||$12,021|
|District Spending / Student||$9,386||$12,230|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- NewberryNewberry Elementary SchoolGrades: PK-4 | 582 students
25705 Sw 15th Ave
Newberry, FL 32669
- NewberryOak View Middle SchoolGrades: 5-8 | 700 students
1203 Sw 250th St
Newberry, FL 32669
- GainesvilleMeadowbrook Elementary SchoolGrades: PK-5 | 734 students
11525 Nw 39th Ave
Gainesville, FL 32606
- ArcherArcher Elementary SchoolGrades: PK-5 | 499 students
14533 Sw 170th St
Archer, FL 32618
- GainesvilleLawton M. Chiles Elementary SchoolGrades: PK-5 | 718 students
2525 School House Rd
Gainesville, FL 32608
September 12, 2017
Homework has become deeply ingrained in the U.S. educational system, but how much homework is too much and how can you create a healthy environment for your child to do schoolwork at home?
September 08, 2017
Learn about single-sex education in public schools.
September 07, 2017
Playing sports is a great way to build your child's confidence and dedication but there are some drawbacks. Keep reading to learn the pros and cons of sports for middle schoolers and to learn how to support your student athlete.