Norfolk County Agricultural
Norfolk County Agricultural places among the top 20% of public schools in Massachusetts for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 10%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 10%)
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 5%)
- Graduation Rate Highest graduation rate (Top 20%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 10%)
- Norfolk County Agricultural's student population of 550 students has grown by 10% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 56 teachers has grown by 27% over five school years.
|School Type||Vocational school|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||550 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||56 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Norfolk County Agricultural is ranked within the top 10% of all 1,666 schools in Massachusetts (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#105 out of 1666 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||80-84%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||≥95%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1||13:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Norfolk County Agricultural School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school and middle school to Norfolk County Agricultural is Tec Connections Academy Commonwealth Virtual School (0.9 miles away)
- The nearest elementary school is Fisher (0.2 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Walpole Fisher Grades: K-5 | 454 students
65 Gould Street
Walpole, MA 02081
(508) 660-7234 0.2 K-5 454
- East Walpole Tec Connections Academy Commonwealth Virtual School Grades: K-12 | 1,538 student
141 Mansion Drive
East Walpole, MA 02032
(774) 315-5123 0.9 K-12 1,538
- Walpole Eleanor N Johnson Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 448 students
111 Robbins Road
Walpole, MA 02081
(508) 660-7242 1.3 6-8 448
- Norwood Dr. Philip O. Coakley Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 737 students
1315 Washington Street
Norwood, MA 02062
(781) 762-7880 1.5 6-8 737
I'm so glad I got to attend Norfolk Aggie and not my hometown high school because you get to be outside a lot and work with animals and be with people who have common interests. If you want a school that has theater, art, or music, don't come here. If you like nature, animals, getting dirty, and being outdoors than the Aggie is the school for you. The only problem is the special ed director, who actually discriminates against students with disabilities. She even kicked some out cause she didn't want to pay for extra accommodations for them.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Aggie alumni
This school was the best for me, it gave me a chance to express myself in ways i wouldn't have been able to at a typical high school. The other students tend to be much more accepting of people who have different opinions, and the school has a positive impact on most students.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - SeaSp
Gang activity continues to be prevalent throughout public schools, ranging from urban cities to suburban enclaves. Learn about how public schools are combating gang violence today with comprehensive initiatives.
With the end of the “No Child Left Behind” program looming, it appears that almost 80% of our country’s schools will get a failing grade, according to federal standards. Could waivers help repair the broken NCLB program?
Amidst the controversy surrounding President Obama's school address, learn about whether or not parents have any rights in choosing who their children's public schools invite as speakers.