North High School
North High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Arizona for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 5%)
- North High School's student population of 2,563 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 135 teachers has grown by 14% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||2,563 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||135 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- North High School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,842 schools in Arizona (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 19:1 has decreased from 22:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AZ)|
|Overall School Rank||#1550 out of 1,842 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1||20:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Phoenix Union High School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Phoenix Suns-diamondbacks Education Academy Grades: 11-12 | 207 students
2920 N.7th Street
Phoenix, AZ 85014
(602)764-0050 0.3 11-12 207
- Phoenix Khalsa Montessori Elementary School - Phoenix Grades: K-6 | 128 students
2536 N. 3rd Street
Phoenix, AZ 85004
(602)252-3799 0.6 K-6 128
- Phoenix Arizona Virtual Academy Grades: K-12 | 3635 students
99 E. Virginia Ave.
Phoenix, AZ 85004
(602)476-1320 0.7 K-12 3635
- Phoenix Ralph Waldo Emerson Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 481 students
915 E Palm Lane
Phoenix, AZ 85006
(602)257-3853 0.8 PK-8 481
While some schools are debating whether to teach sex ed, Philadelphia schools will be making free condoms available in 22 schools across the district.
The world is in a constant state of change and those who fail to adjust fall behind. Unfortunately, the American public education system has not kept up with the times and is currently facing a number of serious problems. Keep reading to learn about the biggest failures affecting the modern U.S. public education system as well as some of the trends that could spark change.
Summer break is a time to kick back and relax but it is also a great time to do activities that will boost your college applications. Keep reading to see how to boost your application this summer.