Oak Hill Middle School serves 661 students in grades 6-8.
Oak Hill Middle School placed in the top 20% of all schools in Massachusetts for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 30%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 65% (which is higher than the Massachusetts state average of 37%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 65% (which is higher than the Massachusetts state average of 49%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 10:1 is lower than the Massachusetts state level of 12:1.
Minority enrollment is 44% of the student body (majority Asian), which is equal to the Massachusetts state average of 44% (majority Hispanic and Black).
- Grades: 6-8
- Enrollment: 661 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 10:1
- Minority Enrollment: 44%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 20% in MA
- Math Proficiency: 65% (Top 10%)
- Reading Proficiency: 65% (Top 30%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), MA Dept. of Education
Oak Hill Middle School's student population of 661 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
The teacher population of 66 teachers has grown by 17% over five school years.
(offers virtual instruction)
(offers virtual instruction)
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Oak Hill Middle School is ranked within the top 20% of all 1,644 schools in Massachusetts (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.
The diversity score of Oak Hill Middle School is 0.62, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.63. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2021-2022 School Year Data
State Level (MA)
Overall Testing Rank
#292 out of 1644 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Participates in the National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2021-2022 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), MA Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Oak Hill Middle School's ranking?
Oak Hill Middle School is ranked #292 out of 1,644 schools, which ranks it among the top 20% of public schools in Massachusetts.
What schools are Oak Hill Middle School often compared to?
Oak Hill Middle Schoolis often viewed alongside schools like Charles E Brown Middle School by visitors of our site.
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
65% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 37% MA state average), while 65% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 49% MA state average).
How many students attend Oak Hill Middle School?
661 students attend Oak Hill Middle School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
56% of Oak Hill Middle School students are White, 24% of students are Asian, 8% of students are Hispanic, 6% of students are Black, and 6% of students are Two or more races.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Oak Hill Middle School?
Oak Hill Middle School has a student ration of 10:1, which is lower than the Massachusetts state average of 12:1.
What grades does Oak Hill Middle School offer ?
Oak Hill Middle School offers enrollment in grades 6-8 (offers virtual instruction).
What school district is Oak Hill Middle School part of?
Oak Hill Middle School is part of Newton School District.
Review Oak Hill Middle School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
The Link between Music and a Child’s Math Abilities
Learn about the influence of music on a child’s cognitive mathematical abilities.
August 04, 2023Preparing for a Successful 'Back to School'
A one-stop guide for parents navigating the 'back to school' season, providing practical and effective strategies tailored to every grade level - from pre-K to high school.
July 25, 2023The Evolving Role of Interim Assessments
Explore the often-overlooked tool in K-12 education - interim assessments. Understand what they are, their importance, and how they can enhance your child's learning experience. Dive into real-world case studies and find out how technology is changing the game. This informative, parent-friendly article aims to shed light on the value of these assessments in today's educational landscape.