Mayfield City School District
- For the 2020-21 school year, there is 1 public middle school in Mayfield City School District, serving 913 students. Public middle school in Mayfield City School District have an average math proficiency score of 74% (versus the Ohio public middle school average of 58%), and reading proficiency score of 79% (versus the 58% statewide average). This district's average middle testing ranking is in the top 20% of public middle schools in Ohio.
- Minority enrollment is 31% of the student body (majority Black), which is less than the Ohio public middle school average of 35% (majority Black).
- The student:teacher ratio of 17:1 is less than the Ohio public middle school average of 18:1.
|School District Name||Mayfield City School District|
|School District Website||http://www.mayfieldschools.org/|
|School District Phone Number||(440) 995-7201|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (OH)|
|# of Schools||1 School||1,177 Schools|
|# of Students||913 Students||558,934 Students|
|# of Teachers||53 Teachers||32,487 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||18:1|
- Mayfield City School District, which is ranked within the top 20% of all 807 school districts in Ohio (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 91% has decreased from 93% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (OH)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||1 Student||783 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||78 Students||10,414 Students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||35 Students||34,889 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||129 Students||121,528 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||633 Students||362,672 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||447 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||37 Students||28,137 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-||3,339|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-||14,299|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-||13,494|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-||13,905|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-||15,972|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-||15,479|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-||31,222|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||289||89,431|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||301||128,307|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||323||130,455|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-||28,444|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-||26,375|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-||23,804|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-||24,408|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $16,045 is higher than the state average of $12,577. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $14,022 is higher than the state average of $11,659. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (OH)|
|Total Revenue||$72 MM||$11 MM|
|Spending||$63 MM||$10 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$16,045||$12,577|
|Spending / Student||$14,022||$11,659|
Gangs, drugs, and guns may be more prevalent on public school campuses than parents think. Learn about the high percentage of public school students who are exposed to these dangers each day – and what parents can do to protect their kids.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.
Learn about how public schools across the country are mandating community service hours in order to graduate.