Pathfinder Achievement Center
Pathfinder Achievement Center places among the top 20% of public schools in Texas for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 5%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 10%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 1%)
- Pathfinder Achievement Center's student population of 55 students has grown by 48% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 20 teachers has grown by 25% over five school years.
|School Type||Alternative school|
|Grades Offered||Grades 4-12|
|Total Students||55 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Pathfinder Achievement Center is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 7,999 schools in Texas (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 3:1 has increased from 2:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (TX)|
|Overall School Rank||#7476 out of 7999 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||20-29%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||20-29%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|Graduation Rate (12-13)||<50%|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Garland Independent School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Garland Freeman Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 306 students
1220 Walnut St
Garland, TX 75040
(972) 494-8371 0.4 PK-5 306
- Garland Garland High School Grades: 9-12 | 2,495 students
310 S Garland Ave
Garland, TX 75040
(972) 494-8492 0.4 9-12 2,495
- Garland Daugherty Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 782 students
501 W Miller Rd
Garland, TX 75041
(972) 926-2530 1.2 PK-5 782
- Garland Golden Meadows Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 561 students
1726 Travis St
Garland, TX 75042
(972) 494-8373 1.2 K-5 561
Should sixth graders be placed in elementary or middle school? We explore the pros and cons of the issue.
Learn 8 ways to guide your conversations with children when discussing high-profile acts of violence in schools.
Traditional Christmas carols, such as "Silent Night," may be sounds of the past on public school campuses. Learn about why schools are banning Christmas carols and how some parents are protesting the changes.