Central Columbia School District
- For the 2020 school year, there is 1 top public high school in Central Columbia School District, serving 528 students.
- Public high school in Central Columbia School District have an average math proficiency score of 87% (versus Pennsylvania public high school average of 52%), and reading proficiency score of 87% (versus 65% Pennsylvania statewide average). This district's average high school ranking is in the top 10% of public high schools in Pennsylvania.
- The school with the highest math and reading proficiency is Central Columbia Senior High School, with 85-89% math proficiency and 85-89% reading proficiency. Read more about public high school math/reading proficiency statistics in Pennsylvania or national school math/reading proficiency statistics.
- public high school in Central Columbia School District have a Graduation Rate of 95%, which is more than the Pennsylvania average of 88%.
- The school with highest graduation rate is Central Columbia Senior High School, with ≥95% graduation rate. Read more about public school graduation rate statistics in Pennsylvania or national school graduation rate statistics.
- Minority enrollment is 5% of the student body (majority Asian) , which is less than the Pennsylvania public high school average of 31% (majority Black).
- The student:teacher ratio of 12:1 is less than the Pennsylvania public high school average of 15:1.
|School District Name||Central Columbia School District|
|School District Website||http://www.ccsd.cc|
|School District Phone Number||(570)784-2850|
|School District Grades Offered||KG - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (PA)|
|# of Schools||1 School||810 Schools|
|# of Students||528 Students||634,839 Students|
|# of Teachers||43 Teachers||43,658 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||15:1|
- Central Columbia School District, which is ranked within the top 10% of all 591 school districts in Pennsylvania (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-2017 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 95% has increased from 85-89% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (PA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||2 Students||1,019 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||11 Students||23,013 Students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||2 Students||62,877 Students|
|% Hispanic Students||n/a|
|# of Black Students||5 Students||94,562 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||499 Students||437,593 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||507 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||9 Students||15,136 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-||117|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-||3,718|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-||4,034|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-||4,226|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-||4,456|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-||4,652|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-||5,134|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-||8,229|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-||27,674|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-||31,090|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||133||139,552|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||139||137,429|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||134||133,169|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||122||131,330|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||29|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $13,776 is higher than the state average of $13,163. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $12,214 is less than the state average of $12,903. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (PA)|
|Total Revenue||$25 MM||$19 MM|
|Spending||$23 MM||$19 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$13,776||$13,163|
|Spending / Student||$12,214||$12,903|
Central Columbia School District Public High Schools (2020)
School (Math/Reading Proficiency | PA School Rank)
- Bloomsburg Central Columbia Senior High School 4777 Old Berwick Rd
Bloomsburg, PA 17815
Grades: 9-12 | 549 students
President Obama’s recent address included infrastructure funding for renovating schools. We’ll look at the plan overall and some of the states that would benefit from the plan.
Schools all over the country have closed their doors to slow the spread of COVID-19, forcing educators and parents to switch to online learning strategies. Read on to learn where to start with homeschooling and for helpful resources for learning at home.
As schools around the country close for two weeks or more, parents find themselves asking some tough questions. Read on to learn about the current and future impact of COVID-19 on students in public schools.