Cheltenham School District
- For the 2020 school year, there are 7 public schools in Cheltenham School District, serving 4,524 students.
- Public school in Cheltenham School District have an average math proficiency score of 49% (versus the Pennsylvania public school average of 46%), and reading proficiency score of 67% (versus the 63% statewide average). This district's average school ranking is in the top 50% of public schools in Pennsylvania.
- Minority enrollment is 69% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the Pennsylvania public school average of 34% (majority Black and Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 13:1 is less than the Pennsylvania public school average of 15:1.
|School District Name||Cheltenham School District|
|School District Website||http://www.cheltenham.org|
|School District Phone Number||(215)886-9500|
|School District Grades Offered||KG - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (PA)|
|# of Schools||7 Schools||2,983 Schools|
|# of Students||4,524 Students||1,706,797 Students|
|# of Teachers||357 Teachers||117,667 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||15:1|
- Cheltenham School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 678 school districts in Pennsylvania (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-2017 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 90% has decreased from 92% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (PA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||8 Students||2,614 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||315 Students||67,005 Students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||310 Students||194,853 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||2,321 Students||248,002 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||1,392 Students||1,125,750 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||7 Students||1,445 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||171 Students||67,004 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-||7,804|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||332||120,056|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||299||125,788|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||344||125,923|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||352||129,062|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||399||133,149|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||377||133,868|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||360||132,729|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||343||132,160|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||352||133,501|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||366||139,320|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||351||133,838|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||311||130,426|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||338||129,173|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $21,344 is higher than the state average of $13,163. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $20,657 is higher than the state average of $12,903. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (PA)|
|Total Revenue||$96 MM||$19 MM|
|Spending||$93 MM||$19 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$21,344||$13,163|
|Spending / Student||$20,657||$12,903|
Cheltenham School District Public Schools (2020)
School (Math/Reading Proficiency)
- Cheltenham Elementary School 7853 Front Street
Cheltenham, PA 19012
Grades: K-4 | 486 students
- Elkins Park School 8149 New Second St
Elkins Park, PA 19027
Grades: 5-6 | 734 students
- Glenside Elementary School 8149 New Second Street
Elkins Park, PA 19027
Grades: K-4 | 478 students
- Myers Elementary School 7609 Montgomery Ave
Elkins Park, PA 19027
Grades: K-4 | 357 students
- Wyncote Elementary School 333 Rices Mill Road
Wyncote, PA 19095
Grades: K-4 | 406 students
Keep your kids out of the summer rut! Learn how summer break impacts students’ academic performance in the fall and what can be done to prevent the academic summer slide.
What happens when a sweltering heat wave hits the Midwest? Public schools cancel many summer activities. Learn more about how school districts are coping with triple digit temperatures.
Budget cuts continue to cripple school districts across the country, forcing some schools to make major cuts creatively. Learn about the current situation and how some public schools are coping with the budget shortfalls.