Highlands SD School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 5 public schools managed by Highlands SD School District serving 2,569 students in Brackenridge, Pennsylvania.
- Minority enrollment is 20% of the student body (majority Black), which is less than the Pennsylvania state average of 34%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 15:1 is equal to the state average of 15:1.
Highlands SD School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Brackenridge Fairmount Primary Center1060 Atlantic Ave
Brackenridge, PA 15014
Grades: K-2 | 285 students
- Natrona Heights Fawn Primary Center5591 Ridge Rd
Natrona Heights, PA 15065
Grades: PK-2 | 280 students
- Tarentum Grandview Upper Elementary School101 East 9th Ave
Tarentum, PA 15084
Grades: 3-5 | 649 students
- Natrona Heights Highlands Middle School1350 Broadview Boulevard
Natrona Heights, PA 15065
Grades: 6-8 | 595 students
|School District Name||Highlands SD School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||2,569 students|
|# of Teachers||177 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
|# of Male Students||1,268 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||1,301 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||10 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||21 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||35 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||242 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||2,066 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||2 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||193 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||40|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||168|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||206|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||191|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||202|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||209|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||198|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||183|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||191|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||221|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||209|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||195|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||175|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||181|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Highlands SD School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 663 school districts in Pennsylvania (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 80-84% has decreased from 87% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (PA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $14,751 is higher than the state average of $13,057. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $16,095 is higher than the state average of $12,924. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (PA)|
|Total Revenue||$38 MM||$19 MM|
|Spending||$42 MM||$19 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$14,751||$13,057|
|Spending / Student||$16,095||$12,924|
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.