Norwin School District
- For the 2020-21 school year, there is 1 public middle school in Norwin School District, serving 801 students. Public middle school in Norwin School District have an average math proficiency score of 56% (versus the Pennsylvania public middle school average of 35%), and reading proficiency score of 76% (versus the 59% statewide average). This district's average middle testing ranking is 9/10, which is in the top 20% of public middle schools in Pennsylvania.
- Minority enrollment is 6% of the student body (majority Asian), which is less than the Pennsylvania public middle school average of 41% (majority Black).
- The student:teacher ratio of 15:1 is equal to the Pennsylvania public middle school average of 15:1.
|School District Name||Norwin School District|
|School District Website||http://www.norwinsd.org|
|School District Phone Number||(724) 861-3000|
|School District Grades Offered||KG - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (PA)|
|# of Schools||1 School||924 Schools|
|# of Students||801 Students||587,425 Students|
|# of Teachers||52 Teachers||40,200 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||15:1|
- Norwin School District, which is ranked within the top 20% of all 627 school districts in Pennsylvania (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-2018 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 95% has decreased from 97% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (PA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#35 out of 710 school districts|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||1 Student||977 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||18 Students||21,602 Students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||4 Students||71,772 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||12 Students||120,750 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||749 Students||347,944 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||452 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||17 Students||23,804 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-||1,407|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-||15,868|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-||17,533|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-||17,347|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-||18,184|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-||19,226|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-||32,446|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-||91,971|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||369||132,124|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||432||133,465|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-||33,044|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-||25,765|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-||24,808|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-||24,237|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $13,558 in this school district is less than the state median of $15,823. The school district revenue/student has grown by 6% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $13,188 is less than the state median of $15,149. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017||This School District||This State (PA)|
|Total Revenue||$72 MM||$23 MM|
|Spending||$70 MM||$22 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$13,558||$15,823|
|Revenue / Student||$13,188||$15,149|
Norwin School District Public Middle Schools (2020-21)
- School (Math and Reading Proficiency) Location Grades Students
- Norwin Middle School 10870 Mockingbird Dr
Irwin, PA 15642
Grades: 7-8 | 801 students
Learn about whether or not public school students are prepared to enter into the "real world" upon graduation, and how schools are changing their curriculum to meet changing economic needs.
Many school districts are hiking up the price of school lunches this year. We’ll take a look at some of the reasons for the trend, including the child nutritional bill that President Obama signed into law last year.
There is no denying that being a public school teacher has its challenges, but some are more apparent than others. Keep reading to learn about the top ten challenges facing public school teachers this year.