Norwin School District
- For the 2020-21 school year, there is 1 public high school in Norwin School District, serving 1,633 students. Public high school in Norwin School District have an average math proficiency score of 75% (versus the Pennsylvania public high school average of 51%), and reading proficiency score of 87% (versus the 66% statewide average). This district's average high testing ranking is 9/10, which is in the top 20% of public high schools in Pennsylvania.
- public high school in Norwin School District have a Graduation Rate of 95%, which is more than the Pennsylvania average of 87%.
- The school with highest graduation rate is Norwin Senior High School, with 95% graduation rate. Read more about public school graduation rate statistics in Pennsylvania or national school graduation rate statistics.
- Minority enrollment is 5% of the student body (majority Asian and Black), which is less than the Pennsylvania public high school average of 32% (majority Black).
- The student:teacher ratio of 17:1 is more than the Pennsylvania public high school average of 15:1.
|School District Name||Norwin School District|
|School District Website||http://www.norwinsd.org|
|School District Phone Number||(724) 861-3000|
|School District Grades Offered||KG - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (PA)|
|# of Schools||1 School||800 Schools|
|# of Students||1,633 Students||623,679 Students|
|# of Teachers||98 Teachers||42,914 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||15:1|
- Norwin School District, which is ranked within the top 20% of all 614 school districts in Pennsylvania (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-2018 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 95% has decreased from 97% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (PA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#35 out of 710 school districts|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||3 Students||995 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||28 Students||23,709 Students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||12 Students||65,811 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||16 Students||93,023 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||1,559 Students||422,458 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||523 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||15 Students||17,160 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-||144|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-||3,664|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-||4,117|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-||4,109|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-||4,332|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-||4,544|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-||5,293|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-||8,071|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-||26,174|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-||30,567|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||430||139,247|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||407||133,828|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||400||130,425|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||396||129,164|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $13,558 in this school district is less than the state median of $15,823. The school district revenue/student has grown by 6% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $13,188 is less than the state median of $15,149. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017||This School District||This State (PA)|
|Total Revenue||$72 MM||$23 MM|
|Spending||$70 MM||$22 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$13,558||$15,823|
|Revenue / Student||$13,188||$15,149|
Norwin School District Public High Schools (2020-21)
- School (Math and Reading Proficiency) Location Grades Students
- Norwin Senior High School 251 Mcmahon Dr
Irwin, PA 15642
Grades: 9-12 | 1,633 student
Learn about whether or not public school students are prepared to enter into the "real world" upon graduation, and how schools are changing their curriculum to meet changing economic needs.
Many school districts are hiking up the price of school lunches this year. We’ll take a look at some of the reasons for the trend, including the child nutritional bill that President Obama signed into law last year.
There is no denying that being a public school teacher has its challenges, but some are more apparent than others. Keep reading to learn about the top ten challenges facing public school teachers this year.