Pequea Valley School District
- For the 2020 school year, there are 4 top public schools in Pequea Valley School District, serving 1,535 students.
- Public school in Pequea Valley School District have an average math proficiency score of 41% (versus Pennsylvania public school average of 46%), and reading proficiency score of 59% (versus 63% Pennsylvania statewide average). This district's average school ranking is in the bottom 50% of public schools in Pennsylvania.
- The school with highest math proficiency is Pequea Valley High School, with 60-64% math proficiency. Read more about public school math proficiency statistics in Pennsylvania or national school math proficiency statistics.
- The school with highest reading language/arts proficiency is Salisbury Elementary School, with 65-69% reading language/arts proficiency. Read more about public school reading language/arts proficiency statistics in Pennsylvania or national school reading language/arts proficiency statistics.
- Minority enrollment is 15% of the student body (majority Hispanic) , which is less than the Pennsylvania public school average of 33% (majority Black and Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 10:1 is less than the Pennsylvania public school average of 15:1.
|School District Name||Pequea Valley School District|
|School District Website||http://www.pequeavalley.org|
|School District Phone Number||(717)768-5530|
|School District Grades Offered||KG - 12|
|2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (PA)|
|# of Schools||4 Schools||3,054 Schools|
|# of Students||1,535 Students||1,734,277 Students|
|# of Teachers||157 Teachers||119,493 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1||15:1|
- Pequea Valley School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 682 school districts in Pennsylvania (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 90-94% has increased from 85-89% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (PA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||3 Students||2,771 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||14 Students||65,419 Students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||139 Students||188,861 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||31 Students||255,143 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||1,301 Students||1,157,913 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||1,404 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||47 Students||62,422 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-||7,207|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||104||123,608|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||116||126,710|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||106||129,725|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||137||133,729|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||105||134,411|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||116||132,934|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||88||132,701|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||121||136,474|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||120||135,181|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||133||139,620|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||123||137,439|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||140||133,173|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||126||131,336|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||29|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $18,212 is higher than the state average of $13,057. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $15,743 is higher than the state average of $12,924. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (PA)|
|Total Revenue||$31 MM||$19 MM|
|Spending||$27 MM||$19 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$18,212||$13,057|
|Spending / Student||$15,743||$12,924|
Pequea Valley School District Public Schools (2020)
School (Math/Reading Proficiency | PA School Rank)
- Paradise Paradise Elementary School 20 N Belmont Rd
Paradise, PA 17562
Grades: K-6 | 461 students
- Kinzers Pequea Valley High School 4033 E Newport Rd
Kinzers, PA 17535
Grades: 9-12 | 522 students
- Kinzers Pequea Valley Intrmd School 166 S New Holland Rd
Kinzers, PA 17535
Grades: 7-8 | 241 students
- Gap Salisbury Elementary School 422 School Lane Rd
Gap, PA 17527
Grades: K-6 | 311 students
Schools all over the country have closed their doors to slow the spread of COVID-19, forcing educators and parents to switch to online learning strategies. Read on to learn where to start with homeschooling and for helpful resources for learning at home.
As public schools in the United States continue to increase in their racial, ethnic, economic, and religious diversity, some districts need to rethink their holiday celebrations in a manner that is inclusive and respectful of all people.
As schools around the country close for two weeks or more, parents find themselves asking some tough questions. Read on to learn about the current and future impact of COVID-19 on students in public schools.