Southern Huntingdon County School District
- For the 2020 school year, there are 4 top public elementary schools in Southern Huntingdon County School District, serving 1,191 students.
- Public elementary school in Southern Huntingdon County School District have an average math proficiency score of 30% (versus Pennsylvania public elementary school average of 43%), and reading proficiency score of 46% (versus 61% Pennsylvania statewide average). This district's average elementary school ranking is in the bottom 50% of public elementary schools in Pennsylvania.
- Minority enrollment is 2% of the student body (majority Black and Hispanic) , which is less than the Pennsylvania public elementary school average of 36% (majority Black).
- The student:teacher ratio of 14:1 is less than the Pennsylvania public elementary school average of 15:1.
|School District Name||Southern Huntingdon County School District|
|School District Website||http://shcsd.org|
|School District Phone Number||(814)447-5529|
|School District Grades Offered||KG - 12|
|2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (PA)|
|# of Schools||4 Schools||2,227 Schools|
|# of Students||1,191 Students||1,140,913 Students|
|# of Teachers||85 Teachers||77,275 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||15:1|
- Southern Huntingdon County School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 646 school districts in Pennsylvania (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 85-89% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (PA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a||1,928 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||1 Student||43,517 Students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||10 Students||135,037 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||10 Students||180,876 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||1,165 Students||728,940 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||916 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||5 Students||49,574 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students||n/a|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-||6,837|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||92||119,558|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||75||126,710|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||96||129,725|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||99||133,729|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||98||134,411|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||93||132,934|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||95||132,687|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||77||93,076|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||85||89,054|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||91||11,513|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||102||10,832|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||84||10,215|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||104||9,632|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $13,329 is higher than the state average of $13,057. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $12,323 is less than the state average of $12,924. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (PA)|
|Total Revenue||$17 MM||$19 MM|
|Spending||$16 MM||$19 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$13,329||$13,057|
|Spending / Student||$12,323||$12,924|
Southern Huntingdon County School District Public Elementary Schools (2020)
School (Math/Reading Proficiency | PA School Rank)
- Rockhill Furnace Rockhill Elementary School 510 Meadow St
Rockhill Furnace, PA 17249
Grades: K-5 | 184 students
- Shade Gap Shade Gap Elementary School 22251 Shade Valley Road
Shade Gap, PA 17255
Grades: K-5 | 133 students
- Three Springs Southern Huntingdon Co High School/ms 10339 Pogue Road
Three Springs, PA 17264
Grades: 6-12 | 638 students
- Three Springs Spring Farms Elementary School 12075 Old Plank Road
Three Springs, PA 17264
Grades: K-5 | 236 students
Schools all over the country have closed their doors to slow the spread of COVID-19, forcing educators and parents to switch to online learning strategies. Read on to learn where to start with homeschooling and for helpful resources for learning at home.
As public schools in the United States continue to increase in their racial, ethnic, economic, and religious diversity, some districts need to rethink their holiday celebrations in a manner that is inclusive and respectful of all people.
As schools around the country close for two weeks or more, parents find themselves asking some tough questions. Read on to learn about the current and future impact of COVID-19 on students in public schools.