United School District
- For the 2020 school year, there are 2 top public schools in United School District, serving 1,064 students.
- Public school in United School District have an average math proficiency score of 50% (versus Pennsylvania public school average of 46%), and reading proficiency score of 68% (versus 63% Pennsylvania statewide average). This district's average school ranking is in the top 50% of public schools in Pennsylvania.
- The school with highest math proficiency is United Elementary School, with 60% math proficiency. Read more about public school math proficiency statistics in Pennsylvania or national school math proficiency statistics.
- The school with highest reading language/arts proficiency is United Junior Senior High School, with 69% reading language/arts proficiency. Read more about public school reading language/arts proficiency statistics in Pennsylvania or national school reading language/arts proficiency statistics.
- Minority enrollment is 2% of the student body (majority Asian and Hispanic) , which is less than the Pennsylvania public school average of 33% (majority Black and Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 13:1 is less than the Pennsylvania public school average of 15:1.
|School District Name||United School District|
|School District Website||http://www.unitedsd.net|
|School District Phone Number||(814)446-5615|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (PA)|
|# of Schools||2 Schools||3,054 Schools|
|# of Students||1,064 Students||1,734,277 Students|
|# of Teachers||79 Teachers||119,493 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||15:1|
- United School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 682 school districts in Pennsylvania (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-2017 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 90-94% has decreased from 95% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (PA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a||2,771 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||5 Students||65,419 Students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||4 Students||188,861 Students|
|% Hispanic Students||n/a|
|# of Black Students||3 Students||255,143 Students|
|% Black Students||n/a|
|# of White Students||1,038 Students||1,157,913 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||1,404 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||14 Students||62,422 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||30||7,207|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||67||123,608|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||71||126,710|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||75||129,725|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||69||133,729|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||78||134,411|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||74||132,934|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||70||132,701|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||86||136,474|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||97||135,181|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||96||139,620|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||85||137,439|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||74||133,173|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||92||131,336|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||29|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $16,298 is higher than the state average of $13,163. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $15,552 is higher than the state average of $12,903. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (PA)|
|Total Revenue||$18 MM||$19 MM|
|Spending||$18 MM||$19 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$16,298||$13,163|
|Spending / Student||$15,552||$12,903|
United School District Public Schools (2020)
School (Math/Reading Proficiency | PA School Rank)
- Armagh United Elementary School 10775 Route 56 East
Armagh, PA 15920
Grades: PK-6 | 531 students
- Armagh United Junior Senior High School 10780 Route 56 East
Armagh, PA 15920
Grades: 7-12 | 501 students
President Obama’s recent address included infrastructure funding for renovating schools. We’ll look at the plan overall and some of the states that would benefit from the plan.
Schools all over the country have closed their doors to slow the spread of COVID-19, forcing educators and parents to switch to online learning strategies. Read on to learn where to start with homeschooling and for helpful resources for learning at home.
As schools around the country close for two weeks or more, parents find themselves asking some tough questions. Read on to learn about the current and future impact of COVID-19 on students in public schools.