Universal Daroff Charter School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there is 1 public school managed by Universal Daroff Charter School District serving 675 students in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Minority enrollment is 100% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the Pennsylvania state average of 34%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 22:1 is more than the state average of 15:1.
Universal Daroff Charter School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Philadelphia Universal Daroff Charter School 5630 Vine Street
Philadelphia, PA 19146
Grades: K-8 | 675 students
|School District Name||Universal Daroff Charter School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||675 students|
|# of Teachers||31 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1|
|# of Male Students||323 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||352 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||2 students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||7 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||663 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||n/a|
|% White Students||n/a|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||3 students|
|% of Two or more races Students||n/a|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||109|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||91|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||97|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||82|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||69|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||63|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||55|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||49|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||60|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Universal Daroff Charter School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 663 school districts in Pennsylvania (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of % has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (PA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $14,269 is higher than the state average of $13,057. The school district revenue/student has grown by 6% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $13,066 is higher than the state average of $12,924. The school district spending/student has grown by 6% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (PA)|
|Total Revenue||$9 MM||$19 MM|
|Spending||$8 MM||$19 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$14,269||$13,057|
|Spending / Student||$13,066||$12,924|
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.