Western Wayne School District
- For the 2020 school year, there is 1 public middle school in Western Wayne School District, serving 426 students.
- Public middle school in Western Wayne School District have an average math proficiency score of 34% (versus the Pennsylvania public middle school average of 36%), and reading proficiency score of 68% (versus the 58% statewide average). This district's average middle school ranking is in the top 50% of public middle schools in Pennsylvania.
- Minority enrollment is 12% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Pennsylvania public middle school average of 41% (majority Black).
- The student:teacher ratio of 12:1 is less than the Pennsylvania public middle school average of 15:1.
|School District Name||Western Wayne School District|
|School District Website||http://www.westernwayne.org|
|School District Phone Number||(800)321-9973|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (PA)|
|# of Schools||1 School||924 Schools|
|# of Students||426 Students||587,425 Students|
|# of Teachers||37 Teachers||40,200 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||15:1|
- Western Wayne School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 619 school districts in Pennsylvania (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-2017 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 95% has increased from 90-94% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (PA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a||977 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||1 Student||21,602 Students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||24 Students||71,772 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||7 Students||120,750 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||374 Students||347,944 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||452 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||20 Students||23,804 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-||1,407|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-||15,868|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-||17,533|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-||17,347|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-||18,184|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-||19,226|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-||32,446|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||136||91,971|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||124||132,124|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||166||133,465|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-||33,044|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-||25,765|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-||24,808|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-||24,237|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $17,616 is higher than the state average of $13,163. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $18,752 is higher than the state average of $12,903. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (PA)|
|Total Revenue||$38 MM||$19 MM|
|Spending||$41 MM||$19 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$17,616||$13,163|
|Spending / Student||$18,752||$12,903|
Western Wayne School District Public Middle Schools (2020)
School (Math/Reading Proficiency)
- Western Wayne Middle School 1970b Easton Turnpike
Lake Ariel, PA 18436
Grades: 6-8 | 426 students
We take a look at a recent call by U.S. health officials to change public policies involving sports-related head trauma injuries, and how some states are already answering the call.
Keep your kids out of the summer rut! Learn how summer break impacts students’ academic performance in the fall and what can be done to prevent the academic summer slide.
What happens when a sweltering heat wave hits the Midwest? Public schools cancel many summer activities. Learn more about how school districts are coping with triple digit temperatures.