Western Wayne School District
- For the 2020 school year, there are 4 public schools in Western Wayne School District, serving 1,894 students.
- Public school in Western Wayne School District have an average math proficiency score of 48% (versus the Pennsylvania public school average of 46%), and reading proficiency score of 71% (versus the 63% statewide average). This district's average school ranking is in the top 50% of public schools in Pennsylvania.
- Minority enrollment is 12% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Pennsylvania public school average of 34% (majority Black and Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 13:1 is less than the Pennsylvania public school average of 15:1.
|School District Name||Western Wayne School District|
|School District Website||http://www.westernwayne.org|
|School District Phone Number||(800)321-9973|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (PA)|
|# of Schools||4 Schools||2,983 Schools|
|# of Students||1,894 Students||1,706,797 Students|
|# of Teachers||149 Teachers||117,667 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||15:1|
- Western Wayne School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 678 school districts in Pennsylvania (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-2017 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 95% has increased from 90-94% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (PA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||1 Student||2,614 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||9 Students||67,005 Students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||115 Students||194,853 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||29 Students||248,002 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||1,676 Students||1,125,750 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||1,445 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||64 Students||67,004 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||96||7,804|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||117||120,056|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||114||125,788|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||124||125,923|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||130||129,062|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||124||133,149|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||141||133,868|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||136||132,729|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||124||132,160|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||166||133,501|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||144||139,320|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||153||133,838|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||171||130,426|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||154||129,173|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $17,616 is higher than the state average of $13,163. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $18,752 is higher than the state average of $12,903. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (PA)|
|Total Revenue||$38 MM||$19 MM|
|Spending||$41 MM||$19 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$17,616||$13,163|
|Spending / Student||$18,752||$12,903|
Western Wayne School District Public Schools (2020)
School (Math/Reading Proficiency)
- Evergreen Elementary School 739 Easton Turnpike
Lake Ariel, PA 18436
Grades: PK-5 | 553 students
- Western Wayne Middle School 1970b Easton Turnpike
Lake Ariel, PA 18436
Grades: 6-8 | 426 students
- Wilson Elementary School 74 Belmont St
Waymart, PA 18472
Grades: PK-5 | 293 students
We take a look at the various ways high school students can get a leg up on higher education while they are still in high school.
We take a look at a recent call by U.S. health officials to change public policies involving sports-related head trauma injuries, and how some states are already answering the call.
Keep your kids out of the summer rut! Learn how summer break impacts students’ academic performance in the fall and what can be done to prevent the academic summer slide.