Phoenix High School
Phoenix High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Louisiana for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 5%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 10%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 5%)
- Phoenix High School's student population of 193 students has declined by 13% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 23 teachers has grown by 43% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||193 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Phoenix High School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,277 schools in Louisiana (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (LA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#914 out of 1277 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||50-54%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||55-59%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1||18:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch (15-16)|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Plaquemines Parish School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Belle Chasse Belle Chasse Middle School Grades: 5-8 | 779 students
13476 Highway 23
Belle Chasse, LA 70037
(504) 656-2315 8.2 5-8 779
- Lafitte Leo E. Kerner Junior Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 482 students
4924 City Park Drive
Lafitte, LA 70067
(504) 689-4136 15.0 PK-5 482
- Lafitte Fisher Middle/High School Grades: 6-12 | 504 students
2529 Jean Lafitte Boulevard
Lafitte, LA 70067
(504) 689-3665 15.1 6-12 504
Total waste of taxpayers money to build this school, built on a swamp. Could have put money into re-vamping existing school. 221 students? doubtful, especially when their school buses carry 5 to 6 kids no more than a mile, to and from school. There isn't more than 40 homes in, and around this school. Total waste. I would be willing to bet there isn't more than 100 kids that attend this multi-million dollar school. And by the way, most of the contractors who built it, didn't get their money.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - phiju
A generous Michigan teen was growing his hair long to donate to Locks of Love, but was suspended from school as a result. Was this the right cut? We’ll discuss both side of the issue.
A recent ruling by the U.S. Supreme Court bans public school use by churches outside of normal school hours, and we’ll take a look at both sides of this issue.
Learn about whether charter schools or traditional public schools are enjoying better academic performance amongst their students. What do the test results reveal?